Recently, Doom on the Nintendo Switch received an update to fix several issues and include a few new features, one being exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
Similar to Splatoon, Doom can now be played with gyro controls, where the Nintendo Switch or the controller can be titled for more precise aiming. In addition, players can now create multiplayer lobbies, making it easier for friends to join together in matchmaking. Finally, the home icon has been altered to properly reflect Doom’s Switch boxart.
There have also been a few game fixes implemented as well:
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
- Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
- Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer
The 1.1.1 update for Doom on Nintendo Switch is available now. For more information or to see a complete change log, visit Bethesda’s official website.