During Nintendo’s Direct, Nintendo announced the October 12 release of Disco Elysium – The Final Cut for the Nintendo Switch.
The Switch version is not exactly a port, so much as it is a reassembly of the game with a completely redesigned user interface, font scaling options, improved legibility, and quality-of-life enhancements.
It is now available for pre-order via the Nintendo eShop for $39.99.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut Enhancements
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customization lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options.
- Real Role-Playing: Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
Given the work the developers have gone through to make Disco Elysium – The Final Cut a good experience on the Switch, be sure to check it out when it hits shelves. Here at Gaming Trend, we loved the game’s original release, giving it a near-perfect 95.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news.