Today at E3, Contra is apparently making a bullet-filled return. To start, we have the reveal of Contra: Rogue Corps, a twin-stick, third-person shooter. This entry starts after the events of Contra III and revolves around a group of militants turned bounty hunters as they fight to survive in the Damned City.
Key Game Features:
- Action shooter with fast-paced, run & gun style gameplay
- Choose from 4 diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks – determine weapons load out, customise and craft unique weapons and create a perfect symphony of destruction throughout the Damned City
- Operation Room – Upgrade characters and abilities, augmenting each with improved organs and cybernetics
- PVE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online* in multi-player
- PVP – Create custom matches (private mode) for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 1vs4 players*
- Local Couch CO-OP modes with up to 4 players**
- Four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks
In addition to the new addition to the franchise, a Contra Anniversary Collection was revealed. This digital collection features 10 games from the Contra series. Also, a free patch will be released shortly after launch that will offer Japanese versions of some titles.
- CONTRA (Arcade)
- SUPER CONTRA (Arcade)
- SUPER C (NES)
- CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS (SNES)
- CONTRA: HARD CORPS (Sega Genesis)
- CONTRA (NES)
- CONTRA (Famicom)
- OPERATION C (Game Boy)
- PROBOTECTOR (Sega Mega Drive)
- SUPER PROBOTECTOR: ALIEN REBELS (Super Nintendo)
- Bonus eBook
Contra: Rogue Corps is set to release on September 24th for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game will retail at $39.99 and will be available for pre-order. The Contra Anniversary Collection is available now on digital stores. So reload your guns and get ready to spread some lead. For now, make sure to check out the trailers above, and stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more E3 news and updates.