Season 5 Reloaded comes to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone on September 9, bringing with it a variety of free content in Multiplayer and Zombies and two new Warzone modes.
Among the content coming to the Cold War’s Multiplayer, is the return of Zoo a DLC map featured in the original Call of Duty: Black Ops. There is a lot coming in this update, so let’s get straight into the details:
- Black Ops: Cold War Content:
- Zoo arrives in Multiplayer
- First seen in the original Black Ops’ Escalation DLC pack in 2011, Zoo is a medium-sized map specifically designed for 6v6 game modes in Black Ops Cold War, trimming the playable space down to its main animal exhibit and park area for Multiplayer.
- Demolition returns to Multiplayer
- First introduced in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare™ 2 (2009), this game mode is akin to a respawn-enabled, amped-up Search and Destroy. In Demolition, one team of attackers attempts to destroy a pair of bombsites while defenders must prevent the detonations.
- New Zombies Outbreak Region: Armada
- New World Event in Outbreak
- Across the Outbreak Zones, Requiem is reporting the presence of a new chest type alongside the usual small, medium, large, and golden varieties: the mysterious Black Chest. Much like previous World Events found throughout the Regions, the exact details of this event are for Requiem agents to discover. Once they do, they may find the reward far outweighs the risk…
- Rampage Inducer in Round-Based Maps
- Operators heading back into round-based experiences to complete those Season Five Challenges will also find a new feature to ramp up the action from the very start: the Rampage Inducer. Appearing as an orange Essence canister in the starting area, the Rampage Inducer will temporarily ramp up the difficulty to Cranked-level proportions if all members of a squad agree to take on the challenge. Once activated, this canister will speed up zombie spawn rates and cause all zombies to sprint endlessly until Round 20, turning up the action until the second major round milestone is reached… or a total squad wipe long before then.
- New Onslaught Content and Weapon Blueprint Reward (PlayStation)
- PlayStation Operators – don’t be left in the dark in Season Five Reloaded. Onslaught receives a new map and narrative Intel with Onslaught Drive-In, as well as a new limited-time mode: Diminishing Light, a hectic twist on the traditional formula where the circle shrinks over time. If the Orb collapses on itself, it will implode and destroy you and your duo partner – shoot it to slow down the shrink rate or collect clock power-ups to pause the collapse. Completing Surges will revert the Orb to its original size, and these are key to earning a brand-new Weapon Blueprint. Those who conquer 30 Surges in this limited-time mode will earn the “Soviet Red” Legendary Assault Rifle Blueprint (shown above), which is based on the reliable AK-47 rifle and features plenty of high-level attachments.
- Warzone Content:
- New Warzone Mode: Clash
- Clash takes select areas from this massive map and pits two teams of 50 v 50 against each other in an unlimited respawn fight to 500 points. This is Team Deathmatch on an epic scale, with all your loadouts accessible, along with the Ping and Armor System, Cash, Buy Stations, and Vehicles from the regular Battle Royale and Plunder modes.
- New Warzone Mode: Iron Trials ’84
- Only the strongest survive in the toughest Battle Royale mode to ever come to Verdansk! Flex your mastery over the entire arsenal of weapons, prove you can handle any firefight with any type of armament, and earn an exclusive Calling Card to prove your mettle.
- Cold War and Warzone Content:
- The Numbers Event – Embrace Perseus’ Broadcast and Be Rewarded (In-Season)
- The Sai – Unlock a New Melee Weapon Through the Numbers Event
- New Limited-Time Outbreak Mode for Hardcore Agents: Survival (In-Season)
- This limited-time Outbreak mode amps up the survival horror aspect of the Zombies experience, fundamentally changing Outbreak to make it a truly punishing-yet-rewarding challenge. Whenever an Operator takes damage, there is no auto-regeneration to save them. Instead, they must find a brand-new item – Food – to heal.
- New Operator – Hudson
- He is the LAW – Judge Dredd Operator Skins for Beck Available for Limited Time (In-Season)
- More in Store – New Pro Pack, Mastercrafts, and Tracer Packs
It is safe to say that there is a lot of content coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, something that makes sense given that currently all of Activision’s core studios are currently working on Call of Duty projects.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news.
Noah Anzaldua is a game journalist, Twitch streamer, and a passionate fan of Apex Legends and Destiny 2. Writing and streaming are his passions, and he is carving a career path out for himself. He is a graduate of the University of Alabama where he is majored in News Media, History, and Political Science.