Guerrilla today posted an overview of some of Aloy’s new abilities in Horizon Forbidden West. The game will be released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on February 18, 2022.
According to Dennis Zopfi, Guerrilla’s Lead Combat Designer,
“We put a lot of effort into creating more choice and depth for the players, and are super excited to see how people will play as Aloy with so many new possibilities of skills, weapons and gear she can obtain throughout the mysterious Forbidden West. We had a lot of fun creating cool and powerful combinations for players to discover, and we hope people will enjoy the game when it launches!”
Some new features include
- Free climbing system
- High vault traversal mechanic, which “allows Aloy to hoist herself on top of any object of jumpable height with room to pull up”
- The Pullcaster, a tool that works as a grapple and a winch
- The Shieldwing, a parachute
- New machines, combat mechanics, enemy types and weapon variation
- The workbench for upgrading and strengthening weapons and outfits
- Skills to encourage both melee and range
- Resonator Blast, players can “charge up the spear with melee hits and when fully powered up, the energy can be placed on enemies (humans and machines alike) and followed up with a projectile – resulting in a big damaging explosion”
- Valor Surge feature, skill trees players can use to strengthen their specific approach to the game
- New weapons
- The Spike Thrower, a throwable weapon for larger targets
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news!