So much going on today and tomorrow, the Superbowl, Season Two of Call Of Duty: Vanguard… Not to mention ranked play on Thursday and Horizon Forbidden West launching Friday. It’s going to stay a busy week, so why not relax with a few Call Of Duty League matches before things get crazy? There’s only two today, but it should be great seeing these guys in action. Let’s take a look at what you should be looking for.
London Royal Ravens vs Los Angeles Guerrillas, Feb 13th at 3pm EST
- This just seems like a trap game right? London has been on a roll, and they look like they can blank anyone. I’d imagine this will be a quick 3-0, but the Guerrillas have been more competitive than they’ve looked. If I’m London I’m making sure I’m ready, otherwise I could be punched in the mouth looking.
- To come out with the win, the Royal Ravens just have to keep doing what they’re doing. Few teams are operating at a higher level, with near perfect teamwork across the board.
- I can’t wait to see Gismos stat line today. The Flex AR has been stupendous so far this year, leading the league with a 1.35 KD. He really doesn’t have a weak game mode, so it’ll be important to slow him down if the Guerrillas want any shot at the W. Good luck.
— Call of Duty League (@CODLeague) February 12, 2022
- If I’m LAG, I want to win the opening Hardpoint immediately. An early map lead is the only way I’m taking this the distance.
- Besides that, stealing the Control is also a must. Asim is posting a 1.21 KD and has the highest Kills per 10 minutes at 23.2. His impact is LAG’s only chance to slow Gismo and the London boys.
- I know it’s been said before, but just be competitive. This is going to be a really tough match, so don’t roll over. If you can get this to a 2-3 loss it still looks decent for you.
Toronto Ultra vs Florida Mutineers, Feb 13th at 4:30pm EST
- Feels like Toronto has had a long layoff. At 1-1, grab the ones you should win, and given we saw them beat Florida at the Kickoff 3-1 I see things playing out the same today.
- That being said, Florida has been a tough out, playing way more competitively than expected. Keep them off Berlin S&D, and if you win the Control veto coin flip, keep them off Tuscan, even if it is a good map for you.
- It sounds funny, but just keep doing you Ultra. You’re a top 2-3 team in the league and your teamwork is impeccable. This should be a walk in the park.
The only person strong enough to defeat Big Wake pic.twitter.com/T3hdWMAugX
— Florida Mutineers (@Mutineers) February 13, 2022
- Don’t let Owakening use a glide bomb. Just kidding, that was truly his only shot in that one given the time constraints of the round. Let the man fry, he was on a tear yesterday with 111 kills and a 1.11 KD. He’s also top 5 in Hardpoint KD.
- Find a way to get Skyz into advantageous positions. The man can play some mean Call Of Duty, and when another team takes him out of the equation it never ends well for Florida. Set him up for easy layups today.
- Keep being that team that just won’t die. Getting under the other teams skin is going to help Florida grind out some matches against top competition this year. I don’t think that’s today, but a strong showing will continue to change our perception of them.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for our takeaways as the season continues, and we’ll do our best to bring you content here and on our YouTube channel! You can follow the league both live and after hours on the official Call Of Duty League YouTube channel right here. If you want to jump into the game, check out CallOfDuty.com, and if you want to know more about it first, check out our review right here.