We’ve gotten some incredible news on the highly-anticipated Baldur’s Gate 3 in the form of a release month, the announcement of an absolutely GORGEOUS Collector’s Edition, and a few other fun surprises. First, we’ll be playing the full version of Baldur’s Gate 3 when it ships in August of 2023. When it does, we’ll also be seeing some familiar faces as both Minsc & Jaheira from the first Baldur’s Gate title hits.
During the TGAs, we also got to see the game’s namesake city — Baldur’s Gate. This is one of the biggest and most famous cities in all of Faerûn, and it’s exciting to see it come to life in this newest game. We’ve got a LOT more to talk about next week after the Panel from Hell, but we’ll be saving that for another time. Instead, let’s get a closer look on that majestic Collector’s Edition.
The Collector’s Edition includes:
○ Mindflayer vs. Drow Battle Diorama
- 1,100g, 25cm battle diorama of Mindflayer and Drow locked in a deadly exchange of blade and psionic might. This Collector’s Edition statue is made from high-quality PVC/ABS plastics and features a finely painted, hand-finished, round scenic base depicting the subterranean realm of the Underdark.
○ Hardcover Art Book
- Explore the art and design of Baldur’s Gate 3 in this hardcover art book, written by Larian. Featuring approximately 160 pages of concept art and environmental design inspired by the Forgotten Realms. Inner pages printed on satin 170gsm gilded foil edged paper, with an anti-scuff PP laminate case cover.
○ Character Sheets
- A set of 4-page D&D character sheets for each Baldur’s Gate 3 Origin character. 200-220gsm.
○ Cloth Map
- A single-sided A3 map of Faerûn, made from silk satin fabric for easy unfurling while trudging through swamps.
○ Tadpole Keyring
- A tadpole-inspired metal keyring made from zinc alloy. Unlikely to trigger ceremorphosis if inserted into brain (Do not insert into brain).
- 32 die-cut vinyl stickers inspired by Baldur’s Gate 3. Includes adorable custom-illustrated characters and Larian Studios warrior logos.
○ Magic: The Gathering Booster Packs
- Three Magic: The Gathering booster packs containing the Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur’s Gate card set, featuring characters from Baldur’s Gate 3. (Limited to the first 15k Collector’s Editions sold).
○ Collector’s Edition Certificate
- A Certificate of Authenticity serialized with the unique number of your Collector’s Edition. Single-sided, spot varnish, hot foil and blind deboss. Frame it above the mantelpiece, if you’re so inclined!
○ Baldur’s Gate 3 D20
- Oversized custom-engraved metal dice based on Baldur’s Gate 3’s digital dice design. Made from zinc alloy.
That’s a TON of awesome stuff, but brace yourself — it’s going to set you back $269.99. That said, it goes on sale immediately after the TGA, and you’ll likely need to act very, very quickly as these will sell out instantly — I guarantee it.
As I mentioned, we’ve also got an upcoming Panel from Hell, only this time Swen Vincke and the Larian team will get a visit from a special guest — Geoff Keighley himself! They’ll be digging into some very exciting new stuff including a new playable class. I’m laughing as I write this as there’s SO much more to talk about, but you’ll have to tune in for that. I’ve already seen what’s in store, and you are in for some real treats!
The Panel From Hell: Holy Knight will be broadcast live on Twitch on Wednesday, December 14, at 10 a.m. PT / 6 p.m. GMT / 7 p.m. CET. More information is available at panelfromhell.baldursgate3.game. You can also check out our writeup right here at GamingTrend.com.
With the release date on the horizon, you can expect we’ll be ramping up our coverage of this already-magnificent game — we can’t wait to see what’s next!