Planescape: Torment is widely regarded as one of the best RPGs ever made. While the combat and mechanics may be a little clunky by today’s standards, the unconventional storyline and incredible characters are some of the best examples of the genre. Developer Beamdog has teamed up with Chris Avellone, the Lead Designer of the original, to update this incredible game to run on the machines of today. Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition will feature 4K resolution, Windows 7, 8, and 10 support, as well as a new interface and enhanced soundtrack. It’s time to update your journal, Nameless One.
- Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture the original vision for the game.
- The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting you’ve never experienced before, filled with strange magics, unique adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
- Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
- Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
- Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
- 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high-definition with tons of new convenience features.
- A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
- Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
- Cast Comprehend Languages: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only. Korean voice-overs are played in English.
Best of all, the game is available now. If you already own a copy on Good Old Games, you’ll receive this Enhanced Edition for 30% off from now until April 4th. Here’s a quick little launch trailer to tide you over. Pick this one up or Morte will bite you in the ass.