We can all agree that gamers look down on Facebook games. You’ve got your -Villes and your -Wars, and all of it seems like a mad cash grab by limiting play — unless you pay for more gewgaws to continue. Even then, the games play like pointless click-fests, with no real interaction or strategy to speak of. Things seem to be changing as of late, with games like You Don’t Know Jack or Civilization World providing actual gameplay along with its social trappings. And if this video is any indication, you can add Game of Thrones Ascent to this list.
Rather than just planting crops and waiting your turn, you’ll be able to strategize and team up with other players, as well as:
· Rule your own noble house! Upgrade your holdings over time. Build your keep, your lands and your forces.
· Become the most powerful noble in Westeros! Choose your path to success through battle, intrigue or trade. Watch your Power rank increase as you take actions in game.
· Become a bannerman to one of the Great Houses! Choose your loyalties among Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy or Targaryen.
· Customize your character. Select your lineage and alignment. Create your own family banner.
· Build and acquire resources. Send your Sworn Swords on quests and adventures, involving your house in familiar events across Westeros while gaining wealth and Power.
· Work with (and sometimes against) your friends. Take part in interactive player-vs-player action, overcoming major challenges and adversaries.
The game is currently in open beta, and interested players can hit up this link to give it a shot. Take a look at the video and screenshots below. It doesn’t look like your average Facebook game, that’s for sure.