Developer Mouldy Toof dropped a new gameplay trailer today for The Escapists 2, the sequel to 2015’s hit prison break simulator, which reveals a slew of new mechanics and the addition of multiplayer.
The Escapists 2, announced at TwitchCon over the weekend, is a big house full of improvements on the original, including:
- Drop-in/drop-out co-op play (split screen and online) for up to four players, as well as a Versus mode
- New ways to escape, such as climbing down from high windows in new multi-level prisons
- New items to craft, including tasers and “many more”
- Revamped combat featuring lock-on targeting and blocking systems, in addition to light and heavy attacks
- More character customization options
- More creative side activities, such as joining a band or learning to paint
The Escapists 2 will launch on Xbox One, PS4, and PC in 2017.