Kalypso’s upcoming epic “The Dark Eye — Demonicon” has received a nice new Gamescom trailer. The ideas behind Demonicon seem fairly interesting so I’m intrigued, but you also have to think about the fact that Kalypso also just published what many are calling one of the worst Xbox 360 games ever in “Dark.” Their track record isn’t spotless, for sure, but Demonicon seems like a game that deserves some attention going forward.
Below is a detailed description of the game:
Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make. Hordes of fiends block their way to freedom and peace, and only through battle and magic they will truly become free of the darkness.
Features include –
● A third-person action-RPG featuring brutal melee attack combos and dazzling magic spells
● Powerful storytelling with an elaborate narrative rich with twists, as well as believable conflicts and ethical decision-making opportunities
● Action-packed battles, where pin-point timing and clever tactics play important roles
● Unique magic system: a dark talent grants the player devastating mystical powers
● Important events in “Demonicon” will be part of “The Dark Eye” universe’s history
● State-of-the-art 3D visuals using the powerful “Vision” engine
Demonicon will release on October 13th for PC while console versions will arrive in 2014. Below is the Gamescom trailer…