Crystal Dynamics has announced that, developed in partnership with Nixxes Software, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be receiving Xbox One X enhancements when the console launches on November 7th, 2017.
These enhancements include
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
- Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details
There will also be additional visual enhancements including:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Amplified texture filtering
Players will have the choice between three different visual modes:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160), for a higher resolution and to take advantage of the 4K capabilities.
- Enriched Visuals to make the graphics really shrine
- High Frame Rate for a smoother gameplay experience
The update for Rise of the Tomb Raider will be free for anyone that owns an Xbox One X and it will be available in time for the system’s launch. For more information, visit Square Enix’s website.