Razer has announced some updates coming to its most popular gaming keyboard.
Unlike previous versions of the BlackWidow, the new Razer Blackwidow V2 features a magnetized wrist rest and a new alternative switch option in addition to the Green and Orange variants: the Razer Yellow Switch. Here’s Razer’s description of their new keyboard switch option:
[The Razer Yellow Switch’s] linear and silent design and reduced travel distance allows keys to be pressed faster than ever before. The new switch’s feel and properties are meant for FPS and MOBA players who press certain keys thousands of times over the course of a match session.
The Razer Yellow switch, like the Green and Orange switches, is rated to 80 million keystrokes, the highest mark amongst current generation mechanical switches and one that is meant to last years longer than any other mechanical switch.
Like previous models, the BlackWidow Chroma V2 features individually backlit keys. The keyboard’s colors and lighting effects are fully customizable through the Razer Synapse software platform, where users can choose from 16.8 million individual colors or browse other users’ presets online. Integrated Razer Chroma lighting profiles are also available for popular games like Overwatch.
The BlackWidow Chroma V2 is available now and retains its predecessor’s price of $169.99 USD. You may find a list of the keyboard’s features below.
- Razer™ Mechanical Switches with 50 g actuation force (Green)
- Razer™ Mechanical Switches with 45 g actuation force (Orange / Yellow)
- 80 million keystroke life span
- Razer Chroma™ customizable backlighting with 16.8 million color options
- Ergonomic magnetic wrist rest
- Razer Synapse enabled
- 10 key roll-over anti-ghosting
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- Gaming mode option
- USB pass-through
- 3.5 mm 4-pole audio pass through jack
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Braided fiber cable