If you’re looking for more co-op VR games to play with the family this Thanksgiving, Drifter Entertainment has got you covered as the developer has announced that it has released a new content update for the VR shooter Gunheart. The game is currently available on Steam Early Access for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift at $34.99.
In Gunheart, teleportation technology has opened humanity to new worlds of opportunity across the galaxy. Now prospectors, colonists, fanatics, and adventurers have spilled into the cosmos in search of fortune and independence. In this lawless frontier, mercenary mech pilots like you are all that stands between human progress and what menace might have been awakened in the deep beyond.
The new content is as follows:
- Brand new campaign including an entirely new script and VO spanning nine story missions;
- 20 new side missions in addition to the PVP challenges; and ongoing weekly missions;
- Expanded loot system including new weapon mods to discover, unlock, upgrade and mix-n-match such as the glass cannon, bloodlust, bubble shield, intravenous bombs, easy money, berserker and fly paper;
- 30 new cosmetic items to acquire;
- New world elements: new bosses, “spawning bag” creatures, powerup printers and data pads;
- Enemy upgrades: dropships with new behaviors, improved buzzkills and continued hopper AI upgrades;
- Ongoing improvements, bug fixes and polish made to audio and sound, weapons and leaderboards.
Drifter Entertainment’s Creative Director Brian Murphy recently released a video talking about the new Gunheart changes, which can be viewed above. Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.