While folks wait with baited breath for news on Call of Duty: Black Ops III, we do have some Advanced Warfare news to share. Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Ascendance has shipped on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.
- Ascendance, the second epic DLC pack for Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare is live on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC. Ascendance features four new action-packed maps, the formidable OHM weapon (a 2-in-1 directed energy light machine gun/shotgun), the OHM Werewolf custom variant, and Infection, the highly-anticipated next entry in Exo Zombies. In addition, the DLC pack also includes the all-new Exo Grapple ability playlist, which delivers a faster way to reach strategic vantage points, and also doubles as a brutal secondary weapon to take down the competition.
- Perplex: Get vertical in Sydney as you fight to dominate this five-story modular apartment complex. Take the high ground or blast through the close-quarters interior in this small to medium sized map. Adapt your strategy mid-match when construction drones shift apartment modules, creating new routes and cover positions.
- Site 244: A spacecraft has crash landed, spilling its mysterious cargo under the shadow of Mt. Rushmore, USA. This medium to large three-lane map allows for any style of gameplay, focusing combat through the space ship’s fuselage and around the debris-littered landscape. Use the map-based scorestreak to crack open an alien spore and instantly enhance your perks and exo abilities.
- Climate: Fight your way through a futuristic man-made utopia in this lush, climate-controlled enclosure. In this small to medium sized circular map, land and water routes channel frenetic combat around the central island structure. Watch your step when the river water changes from an asset into a deadly bubbling obstacle.
- Chop Shop: Think fast as you make your way through the black market exoskeleton industrial complex and engage in fast-paced shootouts in this medium sized, symmetrical map. Activate the map-based scorestreak to take control of an Advanced Repulsion Turret that radiates a deadly microwave EMP to help lock down key areas.
- The Exo Zombies saga continues in the all-new episode, Infection, as the four Atlas employees, portrayed by the returning celebrity cast of John Malkovich (In the Line of Fire, RED, Burn After Reading), Bill Paxton (Aliens, Titanic, Edge of Tomorrow), Rose McGowan (Planet Terror, Scream), and Jon Bernthal (Fury, The Wolf of Wall Street) fight tooth and nail through undead zombie hordes. Located on the outskirts of an Atlas facility, the new Exo Zombies episode introduces a slew of never-before-seen undead masses, a robust arsenal of new traps and armaments and everyone’s favorite fast food joint, Burgertown.
If you’ve picked up the Season Pass, you already know this news, as Ascendance is included in the pack. There will be two more DLC packs this year, but in the mean time, enjoy the included OHM 2-in-1 directed energy light machine gun/shotgun and the OHM Werewolf custom variant.