Bungie has revealed exactly what fans will be getting with Destiny’s new expansion called The Taken King.
While The Taken King was properly revealed during E3, Bungie had previously only hinted at some of the things that would be found in September’s DLC. But the studio has now listed out all that fans will be able to get within the $40 expansion through a post on its blog.
– New story missions and an array of sidequests that conspire to tell the story of our battle to defend our Solar System against Oryx and his Taken army
– New narrative driven by cinematic cutscenes starring an engaging cast of characters
– New Exotic Weapons, Exotic Armor, and Exotic Questlines
– The Dreadnaught, a full new destination, with unique secrets, rituals, and treasures to uncover
– A new breed of enemy combatants, The Taken, armed with new abilities and weapons
– An increased Level Cap, and new ways for your Guardian to grow more powerful
– The most substantial injection of new, unique, and redesigned weapons, armor, and talents to date
– New subclasses with all new Supers and abilities
– New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
– Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken
– New Crucible multiplayer maps with new Crucible modes, including the previously revealed Rift and Mayhem
– And, of course, last but not least, our biggest six-player Raid yet
The Taken King will launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on September 15th. For more on the upcoming content, check out our preview from this year’s E3.