Amazon outed the existence of Darksiders III for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC this morning, alongside a description and some screenshots of the title in motion. Let’s see what’s on the docket for Fury, the “most unpredictable” of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
The game has a 2018 placeholder, but given how preliminary the whole thing is as this point, let’s wait for the official reveal from THQ Nordic and developer Gunfire Games.