Academy Games is well known for creating entertaining games while retaining historical elements. While it doesn’t seem like the Revolutionary War would be a great conflict for a game, Academy Games knows how to take both sides and create an accessible game. If you are hesitant to try a game where you physically push the cubes then you are in luck, as it is available on Steam.
HexWar Games has partnered with Academy Games to bring a digital version of the popular board game 1775: Rebellion to Steam.
The American Revolution has begun!
Now you and your friends can command the armies of the British Redcoats, English Loyalists, German Hessians, American Regulars, Patriots, French Regulars and Native Americans to decide the fate of the Americas. Players from each faction cooperate to gain control of key towns and forts. Share the fun in this light and fast paced game vs. the AI, hot seat or online!
Coming soon for Apple iPad.
- Special Launch Price: $19.99
- Normal Price: $24.99, from 14th October 2016
1775: Rebellion features simple and unique game mechanics and special attention to historical detail.
- Faithful conversion of the original board game.
- 3 Scenarios – 1775, 1775 (Short) and the Siege of Quebec.
- Play solo vs. 3 levels of A.I. difficulty
- Cross-platform online play or up to 4 player hot-seat multiplayer.
Throughout its lifetime the 1775: Rebellion board game has achieved many awards:
- 2014 Origins Awards Best Historical Board Game Winner
- 2014 Origins Awards Best Historical Board Game Nominee
- 2013 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2013 Golden Geek Best Wargame Winner
- 2013 Golden Geek Best Wargame Nominee
Several board games are making their way to Steam, and it’s a great way to try games at a fraction of the cost before buying the real thing. If you get in on this early, you get a discount, so take a look quickly and take advantage of it.