A lot of RPGs have become trope-filled parodies, relying on the tried and true rather than really taking the opportunity to innovate. The Witcher series is not one of them. The sequel to what is one of the most compelling and well-written RPGs to date, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has a great deal of our attention. Well, today CD Projekt RED announced the release date for this incredible looking title in the best way possible – an eye-poppingly awesome gameplay trailer. Entitled The Sword of Destiny, the new trailer shows off some of the open world gameplay coming in the game.
The team also confirmed the official release date for PC, Xbox One, and PS4 – February 24th, 2015.CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com also announced the launch of an exclusive pre-order package for the the game, including beta access to the just-announced CCG, The Witcher Adventure Game. This game also represents the first the first GOG Galaxy-powered title. Let’s get into the pre-order goodies:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt pre-order offer at GOG.com includes:
- An instantly-available copy of Neverwinter Nights™, the award-winning Dungeons & Dragons (www.dungeonsanddragons.com) game, an inspiration for generations of developers
- A great pre-order price and, on top of it, up to 10% off for players who already own The Witcher and its sequel The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- A Fair Price Package for gamers living in regions where the price is higher than in the U.S.: get back the price difference in form of in-store coupons to grab other GOG.com games!
- Two multiplayer beta-access keys to The Witcher Adventure Game, coming soon
- Tons of bonus goodies such as the digital artbook, The Witcher comic book, bonus music tracks and desktop wallpapers
- Guaranteed more great goodies that will pop up during the pre-order period
You can check out a trailer, as well as all of the other GOG.com Summer Conference details by checking out the full video below. Stay tuned for our in-depth coverage of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt when we get a much deeper look at it next week.