The team at Kalipso and Ascaron are prepping to set sail with a Gold Edition of their hit on the high seas, Port Royale 3 this month. The game will feature the full version of the game, as well as the Treasure Island, Harbour Master, and New Adventures expansion packs all in one pack. We’ve got a few new screenshots as well as the launch trailer above to kick things off. If you missed the boat (ha! more puns!) on the game at launch, here’s a bit about it:
In Port Royale 3 Gold Edition, players will embark on an epic adventure through the Caribbean during the turbulent 17th Century where the naval powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands fight for supremacy throughout the colonies. Take on the role of a young captain trying to build his fortune and reputation in the new world where three expansive campaigns offer three different paths for the young protagonist to follow: adventurer, trader and pirate.
For those eager to stretch their skills further there is the scenario mode where players will find several demanding challenges in the fields of trade, adventure and piracy. Additionally, following the successful completion of a scenario, each player will receive a score based on their performance, which can be compared to other Port Royale 3 players in the online rankings.
Features of Port Royale 3 Gold Edition
- Three unique single-player campaigns: the trader, the adventurer and the pirate campaign.
- Exciting naval battles, plundering and invasions await adventurous players, while immeasurable wealth and power are waiting for trade-oriented players.
- 16 different ship types, such as the powerful Galleon or versatile Frigates.
- Huge gameplay map with 60 completely different towns, from Port-au-Prince to Tortuga.
- A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world.
Port Royal 3 Gold Edition will ship this month on PlayStation 3 for $29.99, and is already available on Steam for PC.