Today, Zen Studios announced that its popular installment in the massive mix of virtual pinball machines will be released on Nintendo Switch in November. Zen Studios will be taking advantage of the Switch’s unique features such as the ability to play the game vertically or use HD rumble.
Since 2007, Zen Studios has set the standard for video game pinball. The Pinball FX series balances authentic physics and gameplay mechanics with features that fully embrace the unlimited potential of video games, such as spectacular visual sequences and unparalleled competitive features. Just like traditional pinball, table subject matter includes everything from original takes on themes like sci-fi and fantasy to some of pop culture’s most iconic brands, such as Back to the Future™, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial™, Aliens, The Walking Dead and more.
Each table played will earn the player EXP and level advancements allowing the player to unlock the ability to gain bigger blowouts in points. Pinball FX3 will also allow players to create their own tournaments along side the ones officially run by Zen Studios.
Like previous entries such as Zen Pinball 2 on the WiiU, Pinball FX3 will be free to download with different table packs available the same day as launch:
- Universal Classics™ Pinball (Back to the Future™, E.T.™, Jaws™)
- Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
- Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
- The Walking Dead
- Sorcerer’s Lair (free)
- Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
- Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
- Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
- Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
- Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
- Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)
Pinball FX3 will be released on Nintendo Switch on November 14th, 2017. The Sorcerer’s Lair table will be available for free. For more information on Pinball FX3, visit Zen Studio’s official website.