Today, Harmonix Music Systems Inc. has announced that its upcoming music game Super Beat Sports will arrive on Switch later this fall. The expanded version of Beat Sports will come with one new game as well as upgraded visuals for the console.
Based on the Apple TV hit Beat Sports™, which pit players against rhythm-loving aliens from the Muzicalian galaxy, Super Beat Sports is packed with additional content and features exclusive to the Switch. Use the Joy-Con™ to swing, volley and hit balls to the beat with a completely new mini-game, full multiplayer support for each mini-game, improved UI, and bonus songs, levels, bats and costumes. Super Beat Sports’ colorful characters and action come to life on Switch with HD Rumble support and upgraded visuals running at 60 frames per second while in TV mode, tabletop mode or handheld mode.
Super Beat Sports adds instant multiplayer excitement to any party with expanded versions of the four mini-games from the original Beat Sports, as well as an all-new game:
- (NEW!) Rhythm Racket: Protect your goal and knock out the competition in this skill-based game full of radical ricochets and rhythmic free-for-all action! (1-4 players)
- Buddy Ball: Put your reflexes to the test in this ball-bashing battle! (1-4 players)
- Whacky Bat: Hit the Muzicalians’ pitches back at them, building swinging streaks in-time with the music for maximum points. (1-2 players)
- Gobble Golf: Match musical patterns to feed hungry aliens – the more you feed, the higher your score. (1-2 players)
- Net Ball: Keep the volley going with perfect timing, but don’t let the Squibzes psych you out! (1-2 players)
For players looking to really test their skills, each mini-game also features Pro Mode – a challenge worthy of even the most rhythm-hardened veterans.
With Amplitude and Rock Band, Harmonix has proven that it knows rhythm games. We’re excited to see how this plays on the Switch, but in the meantime, check out the trailer above and stay tuned for more news on Gaming Trend.