Deadly Premonition is one of those games that nobody’s played, but everybody knows about–a bizarre, enrapturing mixture of J-horror, Alan Wake, and an acid trip. It’s easy to see why people hate it–the controls are absolute rubbish and the game looks like an mid-run Ps2 game at best–but people who like it, love it.
Despite its flaws, Deadly Premonition has built enough traction on PS3 and Xbox 360 for publisher Rising Star Games to port it to PC. We’ll be getting a director’s cut, complete with some new content:
- A surprising new scenario from the game’s director, Hidetaka ‘Swery’ Suehiro
- Enhanced HD graphics with new textures
- Reworked control system allowing for an even better combat experience
- Downloadable content to expand the mystery beyond the original game
- New bonus DLC exclusive to the PC version!
So, anybody interested in playing the weirdest game this side of Katamari Damacy can open up their Steam client and vote for it in Steam’s Greenlight service. The ball’s in your court, PC gamers!