Today, Jackbox Games has announced that long-awaited party experience The Jackbox Party Pack 4 will be released for a whole host of platforms this October. The game will be available on October 17 for PlayStation 4, October 19 for Nintendo Switch and PC, and October 20 for Xbox One. The package includes five (and a half, according to Jackbox Games) minigames to flex your funny bone.
The fourth in the Jackbox Party Pack series, this installment carries the tradition of each player only needing their phone to play (with no controllers required!), and an audience of up to 10,000 chiming in to participate. The five games (including an extended mode for one of them), are as follows:
- Fibbage 3 – The threequel to the outrageous bluffing game boasts totally new question types. (2-8 players)
- Fibbage: Enough About You – A new game mode where players guess weird facts about each other! (3-8 players)
- Survive the Internet – Twist your friends’ “online” comments in comical ways in this web-based frame game. (3-8 players)
- Monster Seeking Monster – A spooky date-a-thon where you message and date fellow monsters with special powers! (3-7 players)
- Bracketeering – Place smart bets on stupid arguments in this deranged debate match. (3-16 players)
- Civic Doodle – Improve the town’s murals and one-up your friends in this irreverent art game. (3-8 players)
If the previews are any indication, this is going to be one of the best party games you can play on your console using a phone. (Yes, that’s a very narrow superlative, but hey, we like to party like the Vengaboys.) Elisha and Sean have had a blast with the first three games, if their reviews are any indication. Check back for our review of the game, and stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.