You might recall that we had NASCAR ’14 on our Most Anticipated list, and now we’ve got some new details, some screens, and a swanky new trailer! Veteran developers Eutechnyx is ready to bring the game to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on February 18th. Let’s find out how Tony Stewart made the cover of this year’s edition and dig into some of the features for this season:
Recently NASCAR revealed that more than 700,000 votes were cast worldwide in the “Drive for the Cover” contest as fans voted Tony Stewart, the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion to appear onto the cover of NASCAR ’14. The injury that kept Stewart off the track didn’t stop fans of the driver of the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops / Mobil 1 Chevrolet for Stewart-Haas Racing from beating another fan favorite, four-time champion Jeff Gordon. Stewart plans to return to the track for the Daytona 500 race in February, the same month NASCAR ’14 hits store shelves.
It’s your turn to immerse yourself in the full-throttle thrill of the world’s most exciting motor sports racing series in NASCAR ’14. Take the wheel from your favorite driver and participate in the race week experience complete with practice, qualifying, and race day challenges. With your favorite personalities and replays, NASCAR ’14 is the authentic NASCAR experience for fans.
· NASCAR Highlights: Take advantage of “NASCAR Highlights” to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills from the season. Eutechnyx recreates the action where exact condition of the cars, the weather is the same and track positions are identical – the only difference is you!
· Career Mode: Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition, and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
· Official Teams & Tracks: Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks from the high banks of Daytona, to the twists & turns of Sonoma, and exhilarating speed of Talladega.
· Leagues: Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
· Online Multiplayer: Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.
The game is roaring in at $49.99 and will feature all of the highlights from the 2013 season, as well as DLC and content updates for the upcoming 2014 season. You can check out the new edition below and check out the newest trailer above. Enjoy!