Ashes of the Singularity, developer Stardock’s real-time strategy game, is getting a large-scale expansion this fall: Escalation.
The expansion promises to:
- increase the player count from 8 to 16
- double the size of the largest map type
- introduce two new story-driven campaigns
- add strategic zoom to help manage world-sized battles
- include new units
- support upgradeable defensive structures
“Bigger, better, bolder – that’s what Escalation is,” president of Stardock Brad Wardell said. “We listened carefully to the feedback the players gave us on the release, rolled up our sleeves and have created what we hope is one of the most epic-scale real-time strategy games ever.”
Players can pre-order Escalation beginning August 25, 2016. Those who already own the game can upgrade for $14.99, and new players can pick up Escalation, which includes all content from the base game, for $39.99. Stardock has yet to announce Escalation’s release date.
Ashes of the Singularity was released back in March — you can read our review here.