The Google Play Store opened pre-registration for the highly anticipated Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp today, sending a flood of would-be campers to register early in hopes of being one of the first to enter Nintendo’s newest virtual camp ground. While there have been promises of a mobile version of the popular Animal Crossing series for quite some time, fans finally received a tantalizing first look at the game during a special Nintendo Direct in October.
A scaled-down version of the Animal Crossing family of games, which have spanned systems from the Nintendo 64 to the 3DS, Pocket Camp will feature:
- The return of the animal characters you know and love
- The ability to craft furniture and amenities
- A customizable character, clothing, camp site, and RV
- Fishing, bug hunting, and fruit collecting
- A free-to-play environment with in-app purchases
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp requires a persistent Internet connection, and will be avialble late November. You can learn more at the official website, and get real-time updates and information by following @AnimalCrossing on Twitter.
— Isabelle (@animalcrossing) November 6, 2017