Thor: God of Thunder
- RATING: T - Teen
- DEVELOPER(S): Liquid Entertainment, Red Fly Studios, Sega of America, Wayforward Technologies
- PUBLISHER: Sega of America
- RELEASE DATE: May 3, 2011
CONTROL THE POWERS OF THE S TORM! Play as Thor, God of Thunder, in an original action adventure as he battles to save the Norse worlds from legions of titanic enemies lifted from the comics. Wield the iconic Mjölnir, Thor’s legendary hammer, and use powerful melee combos, lethal hammer throws, elemental storm powers, and a robust grappling system. Players will feel what it’s like to go toe-to-toe with 12-ton, 25-foot tall frost giants and trolls.
- First 2011 Summer Blockbuster: Following Marvel’s $620M hit Iron Man 2, the Thor f ilm will be backed by a bigger marketing campaign generating huge franchise awareness.
- Become the God of Thunder: Step into the role of Thor and wield the mighty hammer, Mjölnir, in Thor’s f irst standalone game.
- Superhuman Elemental Powers: Unleash Mjölnir’s primal storm powers of lightning, thunder and wind. Electrocute throngs of trolls or split the ground in two with an earthshaking thunder attack that knocks frost giants to the ground.
- Epic Combat: Use brawn and brains as you bash opponents with hammer attacks and throw combos. Scale titanic frost giants and trolls using multiple grappling points to fi nd and attack weak spots.
- Level Up: Choose new abilities, powers and weapon upgrades as Thor earns Valor runes through battle victories.
- Multiple Platform Strengths: The next gen versions deliver breathtaking cinematic third-person action. The Wii version has exclusive motion comic cinematics and dedicated fl ight levels using the Wii Remote. The Nintendo DS offers action packed side-scrolling adventures.
- Original Storyline: Narrative was overseen by Eisner Award-winning writer and lead Thor comic book author Matt Fraction.
- Star power: Features voice and likeness of Thor f ilm actors Chris Hemsworth as THOR and Tom Hiddleston as LOKI.