- RATING: E10+ - Everyone 10+
- DEVELOPER(S): SCE Japan Studio
- PUBLISHER: Sony Computer Entertainment America
- RELEASE DATE: Sep 10, 2013
Set in a magical puppeteer’s theatre, Puppeteer, a new title developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system by SCE JAPAN Studio, introduces players to a strange and fantastic world, where the environment is constantly changing. Players will enjoy a rich, dark fairytale where surprises lurk around every corner.
One dark moonlit night, a young boy named Kutaro was carried away by the maleficent Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad was transformed into a puppet.
Kutaro displeased the terrible tyrant, who devoured the boy’s wooden head and cast away his body.
But the headless hero was not alone, for he had discovered a very special pair of scissors to help him on his harrowing adventure to find his head, and his way home.
- Experience dynamically changing interactive backgrounds while playing this game. It’s not a typical platformer, as the world moves around the player! There are a huge variety of backgrounds that are continually changing, taking players on a journey of discovery that will surprise and thrill.
- Setting the Stage – Audience, lights, sets, music and narration all combine to create a mesmerizing, unique storytelling experience. The player is quite literally a part of the action as the audience cheers Kutaro on from the “Magical Puppet Theatre.”
- The player can change the head of Kutaro anytime. However, if the player loses his head, Kutaro loses a life. “Using your noggin” should be taken quite literally as the player will discover that they have the ability to change the world with over 100 heads to discover.
- Become a Hero when collecting all four “Hero Heads”. The “Hero Heads” give Kutaro special powers that can be used throughout the game to use whenever and wherever possible.