Today, Nintendo announced five 3DS and three Wii U games to receive its Nintendo Selects branding on August 26, which retails at $19.99. Animal Crossing New Leaf, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark …Continue reading →
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- RATING: E - Everyone
- DEVELOPER(S): Next Level Games
- PUBLISHER: Nintendo
- RELEASE DATE: Mar 24, 2013
Ghostly Adventures Await in Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
Luigi is finally the star in Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, launching exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems. The Dark Moon has broken into pieces, and it’s up to Luigi to retrieve them as he explores multiple spooky mansions filled with ghosts. The problem: Luigi is terrified of ghosts. Well, he is terrified of everything, but especially ghosts. It’s time to grab the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system and help Luigi overcome his fears and restore the Dark Moon.
• Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon features multiple mansions, each with its own theme and personality to explore. There’s the powerful vacuum cleaner Poltergust 5000 with multiple new attachments, a host of clever ghosts with special abilities that Luigi must capture, and even multiplayer mode.
• In a series first, up to four players with their own Nintendo 3DS systems can team up via local wireless, pair up in Download Play or connect over the Internet in an multiplayer mode called ScareScraper. Players will need to work together to overcome ghosts and other challenges in hopes of reaching the top floor of the haunted tower (wireless broadband Internet access and up to four game cards may be required).
• Shining a light on the ghosts is no longer enough to stun them into immobility. Players need to activate the new Strobulb attachment on the Poltergust 5000 to stun the ghosts before vacuuming them up, creating a deeper gameplay experience.
• Professor E. Gadd returns to assist Luigi with capturing ghosts and supplying attachments like the new Dark-Light Device, which helps reveal hidden secrets.
• Each of the five mansions is filled with a wide variety of devious puzzles as well as valuable treasures to discover that upgrade Luigi’s Poltergust 5000. Players must use all the features of the Poltergust 5000 to solve all the mansions’ challenges and find hidden clues and keys to unlock new areas.
• At the end of every mansion awaits a powerful boss. Luigi will need to use all his learned skills and equipment to figure out a way to defeat these tricky possessors.
• Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is the sequel to the hit Nintendo GameCube game Luigi’s Mansion. It is the first game to be released in the Year of Luigi, which also includes Luigi-focused titles like Mario and Luigi: Dream Team for Nintendo 3DS, Mario Golf: World Tour for Nintendo 3DS and the New Super Luigi U downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros. U for Wii U.