Tomorrow marks the return of an iconic Nintendo franchise - Donkey Kong. In his latest game, he'll be retreading the world of Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii), but this time …Continue reading →
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- RATING: E - Everyone
- DEVELOPER(S): Monster Games Inc., Retro Studios
- PUBLISHER: Nintendo of America
- RELEASE DATE: May 24, 2013
Look Who’s Coming Back!
Donkey Kong swings over to Nintendo 3DS. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is being built from the ground up for portable play on the Nintendo 3DS system. The game brings back all of the ground-pounding, barrel-rolling action of the original, but this time brought to life with stunning 3D visuals.
- Rebuilt and optimized for portable play, exclusively on Nintendo 3DS.
- Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong run, jump, swing, barrel blast and rail-ride through more than 70 beautiful side-scrolling levels in their challenging quest to retrieve Donkey Kong’s stolen banana hoard.
- The game’s gorgeous, colorful environments come alive with eye-catching 3D graphics. As the Kongs make their way through the levels, they will shoot from the foreground to the background and back again using barrels and other devices.
- Nintendo 3DS gives these layered environments an even greater sense of depth and beauty.
- Unlock and explore a new world containing eight additional, exclusive levels within the Golden Temple.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D introduces “New Mode,” which includes new items and game-play features to optimize the game for portable play. In New Mode, players have more hearts in their life gauge and access to special items in the levels. These items include Portable DK Barrels, which players can use at any time to have access to Diddy Kong; Green Balloons, used to rescue Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong after falling off a cliff or ledge; and Crash Guards, which protect players from crashing when riding a Rocket Barrel or a mine cart.
- Play in “Original Mode” to experience the game as it was originally designed.
- Players can connect with a friend via local wireless to team up as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. (Two Nintendo 3DS systems and two copies of the game are required for multiplayer.)