Fighting games have made many advancements over the years. The gradual increase in resolution and animation quality. The evolution of ever more complicated combo-systems. The transition from a principally 2D …Continue reading →
Dead or Alive 5
- RATING: M - Mature
- DEVELOPER(S): Team Ninja
- PUBLISHER: Tecmo Koei
- RELEASE DATE: Sep 25, 2012
In DEAD OR ALIVE 5, players will once again take on the roles of the cast of DEAD OR ALIVE fighters in an intense, actionpacked brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA handtohand combat returns, supported by completely new 3D stages that update the series’ characteristic style with a fresh look and feel.
Along with a rich array of single player modes including story mode, DOA5 offers new online options with arcadestyle matches, tournaments, and social features. Players can be paired into oneoff matches or work their way up the leaderboards for the honor and prestige of competing in global tournaments, the resulting matches of which can be watched by any player as a learning tool.
No longer content to be eye candy with a deadly kick, the female fighters of DEAD OR ALIVE 5 show a whole new level of character and style. The unique style of each fighter, both male and female, will be accentuated by their individual personalities as they battle with a new look and feel for an intense new generation of DEAD OR ALIVE combat.
- Intense DOA Fighting: DOA5 expands the signature fighting style for which the series is known with a variety of new martial arts techniques and styles
- Realistic and Sensual Graphics: Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character – from raw power to sleek sensuality
- Dream Lineup: Play as Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, and Hitomi as well as numerous additional characters yet to be announced
- Dynamic New Interactive 3D Stages: More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive showcase for deadly battles
- New Finishing Moves: Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig – distract your opponent or drive him into danger
- Online Battles: A fullfledged online experience awaits players that allows for both beginners and experts to compete head to head in a variety of playing fields and battle modes.