http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 04:27:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB X-Box Controller for PC - USB  (Read 319 times)
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:59 AM »

I never have purchased any console - strictly a PC gamer, so I never had an x-box controller.

Some PC games are best suited to a console style controller.  I have two - a logitech, and the one I use most because it is most compatible - an interact propad.

I have a couple games that just don't work, or at least don't work well with my gamepads, so I'm wondering if anyone has an x-box controller that will work with a PC.  There are probably quite a few wired controllers sitting around since the wireless controllers are now available.

If you are willing to part with a well functioning controller, let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:39 AM »

I had to get a new one recently and got a new one from Newegg for ~32 shipped. My last one was from Amazon for 30.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

I picked up the $24.99 Gamestop branded 360 controller for my PC and it works perfectly. Win7 recognizes it as a 360 controller. So no software issues at all.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

Razer peripherals have notoriously bad reliability from what I've read, and experienced. They don't last long.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »

I would personally just get the true Microsoft Wired 360 controller like this (this one is branded as "for Windows", but it's the exact same thing if you just see a wired 360 controller).  The build quality and ergonomics are just second to none, in my opinion. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »

Thanks for the info everyone.  Really appreciated!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 06:01:58 AM »

Also, realize that the PC/Console controller standards will probably change again at the end of this year when the new consoles come out. The new Xbox will likely have a new version of the controller, and with Sony's plans for the PS4, we're likely to finally see windows support for the PS4 controller due to the need to use it for streaming games.

That said, that's many months from now and the old standard isn't going away for a long time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: