http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:41:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Forum 2006 Edition - some changes  (Read 1241 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:59 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know about two changes I'm making to the Trading Forum to coincide with the new year and with our recent transition from Console Gold to Gaming Trend:

1) After the first of the year I'm going to be locking the current Everyone's List of Games thread and creating a new thread entitled Everyone's List of Games (2006).  The main reason I'm doing this is there are several "This space reserved" and "Dibs" entries in the old thread and I'm not sure how current the rest of the information is.  Feel free to copy your list of games from the old thread and paste it into the new thread if it is current.  The old thread won't be deleted but I will lock it and un-sticky it and post a link to it in the new thread.  That way your information will still be accessible for your copying and pasting pleasure.

2) I'm also going to close the Pay It Forward Freebies thread.  The current thread has reached 14 pages and is not regularly used.  I also think it has a lot of games that are probably not available anymore.  I'm open to restarting a PIFF thread in 2006 as I really like the idea but I'm open to feedback from you.  Do we want it to continue?  Would you use it?  Do we really want 14 copies of Rainbow Six/NHL 99/Freddi Fish on our list or should we limit offerings to more current games?  What about keeping track of Karma?

I'm open to your thoughts.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 06:07:04 PM »

I think the PIFF is basically dead.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 07:01:35 PM »

It can't hurt to start up another one though for 2006. Worst case it sits at the top and hits three pages by Dec. 06. I never used it, but I don't see it as any less important than the Everyone's Games thread.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 08:41:26 PM »

i'd say that almost half of the 'new' games i've acquired over the past 2 years or so have been from the PIFF thread.  :lorax:  so don't close it...
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 06:21:37 PM »

Yeah, it's time to take the PIFF thread out to pasture.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 03:59:51 AM »

The PIFF thread died mostly because the worthwhile games were eventually filtered out with obsolete sports games and other crap.  If there was a new thread there would have to be rules against offering stuff that is obviously coasterwear.  I forsee making rules like that causing more trouble than it may be worth though.  I say let it stay dead.
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 04:50:38 AM »

It's a good idea to 'reboot' the thread every so often.

What was that GG policy, four pages?  Whatever it was, I found it a bit short, but whatever.  It kept things flowing.
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 09:20:05 PM »

I got some decent stuff from it, and I'm ahead like +10 from deals already completed.  Would hate to lose all that, even though I know it's selfish.  :?

It can't hurt to start it up with a couple improved rules.  You can always shut it down later.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 03:25:05 AM »

I never used it but I'd hate to see it just disappear.  I reccomend starting a new one with tighter rules.  Maybe one of the mods can do some house cleaning every once and awhile.

It's a cool system and it's not like it gets in the way.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 07:16:31 AM »

I would be interested in seeing it in database form of some sort...a permanent fixture of the site in fact. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 12:59:16 PM »

The changes are now complete.  For now the PIFF thread is closed and gone although I suspect it could rise from the grave at some point in the future.

Thanks for your feedback!
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 07:23:48 PM »

I think getting a new thread every year would be good. Gives everyone a refresher, and I think it'll help with trades.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 02:10:54 AM »

Quote from: "Mattc0m"
I think getting a new thread every year would be good. Gives everyone a refresher, and I think it'll help with trades.

I agree with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: