http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 11:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek Next Generation Complete  (Read 1344 times)
Ascendent
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »

Recieved the entire series as a gift. Used to love the show, well I opened up the first season disc and after watching the first episode found myself thinking no way I'm slogging through the rest of these. So I'm seeing if anyone is interested, it's all 7 seasons, and only the first season discs have been opened the rest remain sealed. Also this is going as a package deal, no way am I going to break this up. Let me know.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:03:02 PM »

I feel your pain man!  My brother owns the set, he dropped off a few for me to watch.. I think I watched 2-3 episodes, and thought "What a piece of shit, I am not going to watch this anymore.".

I sooooo remember the series really being impressive when it was out, what happened?  Did it just not stand the test of time?

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »

The first season is horrible. The good stuff doesn't really start until season 3 or so, though season 2 isn't nearly as bad as season 1.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:52:59 PM »

YGPM Ascendent!

You non-Trekkers - bah!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:49:55 PM »

I sooooo remember the series really being impressive when it was out, what happened?  Did it just not stand the test of time?

Nah, you're just getting old and taking next-generation film for granted..  icon_wink

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:11:15 AM »

For frame of reference, this gift was over 380 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next-Generation-Complete/dp/B00062RCBW/sr=8-2/qid=1166487030/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-6227430-3356840?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

I've got some games I could trade? smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 01:06:14 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on December 18, 2006, 06:29:53 PM

though season 2 isn't nearly as bad as season 1.

didn't season 2 have that old leather faced shrew for a doctor?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 03:05:27 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 19, 2006, 01:06:14 AM

That's Roz from L.A. Law. It was strange how she appeared and then disappeared after 1 season. Apparenlty Crusher left to become the medical director (or something) at Starfleet, but after 1 year she decided to come back to the Enterprise.   saywhat
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 03:34:58 AM »

Nobody remotely compares to that doctor on Voyager, for a computer, he was damn funny.   thumbsup  I hated Roz, but never really liked Crusher either.  He best compares to "Bones" in snotty, yet oddly funny nature.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 03:37:04 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on December 19, 2006, 03:05:27 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 19, 2006, 01:06:14 AM

That's Roz from L.A. Law. It was strange how she appeared and then disappeared after 1 season. Apparenlty Crusher left to become the medical director (or something) at Starfleet, but after 1 year she decided to come back to the Enterprise.   saywhat

She wasn't chief of starfleet medical, she left to take a position there on Earth. She later decided that she wanted to be with her son and on a ship and transferred back. After the events in Star Trek: Nemesis Crusher did indeed become the chief of starfleet medical.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 04:54:46 AM »

Gates McFadden... MILF?

I THINK SO!
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 19, 2006, 03:37:04 AM

She wasn't chief of starfleet medical, she left to take a position there on Earth. She later decided that she wanted to be with her son and on a ship and transferred back. After the events in Star Trek: Nemesis Crusher did indeed become the chief of starfleet medical.

I swear that in some episode from Season 3 (the season Crusher comes back), they mention her being chief medical officer at starfleet but how she hated being away from her son. That's definitely not something I would've picked up elsewhere, since I haven't watched any Star Trek show since TNG (and by any, I mean not one episode of anything else). Maybe she went back to the job later?  :icon_confused:
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 01:33:19 PM »

She needed her daily "Pickard-fix". You know it.

Bald men rule.  Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 10:31:43 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on December 19, 2006, 05:12:00 AM

I swear that in some episode from Season 3 (the season Crusher comes back), they mention her being chief medical officer at starfleet but how she hated being away from her son. That's definitely not something I would've picked up elsewhere, since I haven't watched any Star Trek show since TNG (and by any, I mean not one episode of anything else). Maybe she went back to the job later?  :icon_confused:

Nah you are definately wrong-what I said I was correct, numerous books and other sources confirm. She left to simply take a "position at starfleet medical" the first time. The second time it was as Chief.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 11:04:47 PM »

It's funny how my trade topic has become a gathering point for the trek fans smile

More offers people!
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 11:38:46 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 19, 2006, 10:31:43 PM

Nah you are definately wrong-what I said I was correct, numerous books and other sources confirm. She left to simply take a "position at starfleet medical" the first time. The second time it was as Chief.

From Wikipedia:

Dr. Crusher left the Enterprise for a year when she was offered the head position at Starfleet Medical. During this year, her son remained onboard the Enterprise. Crusher was replaced during this time by Dr. Katherine Pulaski.

In 2366, Crusher returned to the Enterprise and was reunited with her son and fellow officers. She would remain on the Enterprise-D for the remainder of the ship's service.

Well, Wikipedia agrees with my memory, at least.

In any case, sorry for the off topic posts Ascendent. At least it gave your post a couple of bumps though, right?  icon_wink

edit: And the official biography for Dr. Crusher agrees with me, too.

2364 ? As commander, named Chief Medical Officer, U.S.S. Enterprise, under Captain Jean-Luc Picard

2365 ? Headed Starfleet Medical one year

2366 ? Reassigned as Chief Medical Officer, U.S.S. Enterprise
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:41:27 PM by Ralph-Wiggum » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 11:45:39 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on December 19, 2006, 11:38:46 PM

Quote from: Calvin on December 19, 2006, 10:31:43 PM

From Wikipedia:

Dr. Crusher left the Enterprise for a year when she was offered the head position at Starfleet Medical. During this year, her son remained onboard the Enterprise. Crusher was replaced during this time by Dr. Katherine Pulaski.

In 2366, Crusher returned to the Enterprise and was reunited with her son and fellow officers. She would remain on the Enterprise-D for the remainder of the ship's service.

Well, Wikipedia agrees with my memory, at least.

In any case, sorry for the off topic posts Ascendent. At least it gave your post a couple of bumps though, right?  icon_wink

edit: And the official biography for Dr. Crusher agrees with me, too.

2364 ? As commander, named Chief Medical Officer, U.S.S. Enterprise, under Captain Jean-Luc Picard

2365 ? Headed Starfleet Medical one year

2366 ? Reassigned as Chief Medical Officer, U.S.S. Enterprise
Thats so wierd. One of the "A Time To.." series of books clearly states that she left for a "position at Star Fleet Medical" Ralph. But if StarTrek.com says that, then we have to go by that I guess....grudgingly...I don't like it, but ok.

And bump for Ascendant. If you split up the series, I will take seasons 1 and 2.
VWBug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 01:42:31 AM »

Sent along a PM.

VWBug

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: