http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:44:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should we carry over the GoneGold trader feedback?  (Voting closed: October 16, 2004, 02:57:07 PM)
Carry the feedback over even though there would be increased risk - 24 (72.7%)
Stay with just ConsoleGold feedback and keep the old list for reference - 9 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we carry over GoneGold trader feedback?  (Read 3345 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:57:07 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what to do and I need your input.  We have the master list of feedback thanks to Blackhawk.  He will not be updating the list here - he has left that up to us to either carry it forward or not.

If we carry it forward we run into some possible problems.  We will likely have no way to verify that TraderFloyd here at ConsoleGold was really the same TraderFloyd back at GoneGold.  And if someone has changed their name, we would likely have no way to verify that TraderBetty here at ConsoleGold was actually TraderGeorge back at GoneGold.

In other words, if we carry over feedback it would have to be on the honor system and there is a greater chance of someone screwing the system.

We could also stay with just ConsoleGold feedback and keep the old GoneGold feedback list handy for your reference.  What do you think?  And do you have any ideas how to make this more secure?
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

I was afraid of this. Some traders have well over a +10 rating, and it would suck to see them lose it.

I suggest two numbers. A before the merger number and an after the merger number, such as 13/7, which would mean 13 positive trades before, and another 7 positive trades afterwards, for a whopping total of 20 positive trades.
wookiee007
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:49:26 PM »

I worked really hard to get my +21 rating before GG went bye bye, but this is a new forum. I have no problems with starting from scratch again. I know that there will be a few that do not feel the same, but without the ability of confirming that everyone is who they say they are, the only fair thing to do would be to start over again.

I don't deserve a sig yet
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 04:04:47 PM »

Wouldn't my suggestion be a fair compromise?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 04:43:39 PM »

I'd have to lean towards something like what Raven was suggesting just so my +51 rating at GG didn't vanish altogether. That would annoy me greatly. There has to be a way to combine the numbers or show who did what where. C'mon people, think!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 06:25:14 PM »

I'd say all of the above. smile  I would not merge the numbers, but I would keep the GG number as a reference point since that is useful info.  However, I would only do that if you could somehow verify that the CGuser is the same person as the GGuser with the same handle, though if people were concerned about that they could also just choose to ignore any nonCG feedback as suspect.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 08:15:38 PM »

With over 120 +es, I would liike to see some way for that to be preserved... I do understand this is a new site, however.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 08:23:40 PM »

My compromise would be to carry the numbers over, but limit the time you can claim them.  So, let's say 30 days after this poll closes, you can claim your previous feedback.  After that you have to start fresh.  That limits the opportunity for scammers.  Also, keep in mind that with the GG and CG trading crowd, negative feedback hits hard.  You wouldn't last long on a fake reputation if you don't come through.

A lot of us also have emails and street addresses if there's a question over someone's identity.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
abintra
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 09:58:21 PM »

Is there anyway to verify information from GG in terms of an admin having access to the email account on record?

For example, I was Mooncalf on GG and changed my name when signing up at CG to reflect the one I use most everywhere but my email address is the same both at GG and here (plus I can easily verify mine due to my heatware profile also).
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 10:27:37 PM »

Quote from: "abintra"
Is there anyway to verify information from GG in terms of an admin having access to the email account on record?

For example, I was Mooncalf on GG and changed my name when signing up at CG to reflect the one I use most everywhere but my email address is the same both at GG and here (plus I can easily verify mine due to my heatware profile also).

The only problem is verifying email addresses here and at the former GoneGold.  I do not believe a directory of GG members and their email addresses exists so there would be nothing left to compare your email address here against.

Thus far with 13 votes it's 9-4 in favor of carrying over the feedback.  I don't know that any decision will be made until into next week so we'll see how the votes through the weekend turn out.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 12:19:10 AM »

I only had a +2 rating, but I honestly don't think I'll be trading all that often and I really just can't help but think that it's already going to take me ages to hit +10. I shudder to think of starting back at 0 again.

I'd feel terrible if the people with 10+ and 20+ and all those ridiculously high numbers had to lose ALL of their trading history.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 03:19:44 AM »

I'd hate to lose my + 26 rating, but it would be even worse to lose the records of the other traders.  I count on the list to see if someone is a reliable trader.  I just used it for that purpose 5 minutes ago.

I know it may be an imposter, but I doubt it because of the nature of the e-mails we have exchanged today.

How about leaving the list up for a couple months while we sort things out?

One thing may help.  I have saved the e-mails I sent to all the traders I dealt with and in many cases (not all) I know the User name from GG that is associated with that e-mail.  

We could set up a thread for the purpose of checking out the creds of former GG traders. If a trader I have dealt with requests it in the thread, I would be willing to send a private message to one of the mods with the info I can verify.  If the mod sees that the user name and e-mail address match up with the info on CG forums, he/she could allow the feedback to carry over to this forum ie. (+1) (+26).

I would hope that one of the members I have traded with could vouch for my past trade(s) with them.

Traders would have to realize that there could be scammers who get through, but they would be soon found out and get negative feedback.

Maybe that's too much work for someone, but it might not be a problem at all.  You tell me.
stolazi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 03:50:08 PM »

I had 50+ trades at Gone Gold. I would hope to be able to bring that number over at least as a reference since many of the people who will now be trading here will probably be former Gone Golders.

I'd be happy with either choice above as long as the GG trade numbers don't just disappear.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 04:25:58 PM »

I had over 50 trades at GG as well and would hate to lose that feedback.  I have email addresses from all those trades. Maybe we could implement some kind of verified/non-verified feedback rating if we include GG feedback here.  Like Kestrel said, I'd be willing to help verify traders here and that would make the process more secure.

The main thing about game trading is that it is built on trust.  I'd hate to see someone burned here because I/we didn't do enough to make this a safe place to trade.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 07:15:26 PM »

Puhleez carry over the GG feedback!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 08:57:16 PM »

I had 23+ trades at GG and would also like to see them carried over but  I share the same situation as the former Mooncalf with my name change.  I still have all the email addresses of those I traded with and can verify some names if necessary and hopefully someone can verify me as FishBulb/Ragnarok.  I like the idea of have a GG/CG number as its seems to be a good compromise.  Its allows those of us who built up a trade reputation at GG to keep that, as well as showing a new rep. here at CG.  It gives traders here the option to trust or not at their discretion.  Anyways I guess we'll see what can be done(if it hasn't been done already as I post this).
warning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004, 09:46:50 PM »

I spent some time going through 2 1/2 years of email from former GoneGold members.  I have the usernames, first and last names and email addresses of about 70 people I have traded with or corresponded with.  I'm going to organize these somewhat and then post them in a new thread with the title of "See inside if you want your GoneGold feedback verified."   Or something like that.  I'll have people email or PM me with their information and if it matches up they're verified.

It'll probably take me another day or two to organize my notes into a readable format.  Once I do and I post it here, I'll also post it as a courtesy over at BruteSquad so some of the members over there can be verified.  If others have names and emails you might want to wait to see who I have on my list.  If you have someone else you can verify, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

I think we'll wind up with a feedback format that looks something like this:

warning +51 (GG verified) +3 CG

or

warning +51 (GG unverified) +3 CG

That seem fair?
stolazi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 10:39:12 PM »

Will we still need to verify the GG numbers even though Blackhawk has the most recent trader feedback list?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2004, 10:54:53 PM »

Quote from: "stolazi"
Will we still need to verify the GG numbers even though Blackhawk has the most recent trader feedback list?

We'll likely use the temp list he posted here last week.

Based on the poll it seems pretty clear people want the old feedback.  Please see my new thread on how to get your feedback at GoneGold verified.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: