http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 04:02:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seiko Diver watch for sale (sold)  (Read 984 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:56:38 AM »

Just thought I would throw this out there. I've decided to get into the exporting business as a bit of a hobby mainly for watches.  The main idea is that I want to sell brand new Japanese watches (not available outside of Japan) for basically cost (undercutting the regular watch exporters) and just collecting the loyalty points on each purchase.  I know most people on this forum probably aren't into watches in a big way but I just thought I'd post it and see if there is any interest.
I currently have a brand new Seiko Marinemaster "Tuna" diver watch. I'm selling it at cost with free EMS shipping for $1160.
Here are the pics (first one is mine, others are from the net because they can actually take a decent photo of a watch) smile
If you happen to be into Japanese watches and would be interested in trying to get a specific watch then send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

Ref: SBBN015
    Listed price: 126,000 JPY
    Case: Stainless steel/ Dial : Black
    SS Bracelet with the expanding clasp for divers.
    Crystal: Dual curved hardlex
    Crown: Screw-down crown
    Diameter: 48mm (without the crown)
    Thickness: 14.7mm Weight: 116g
    Movement: Quartz 7C46
    300M water resistance with a screw-down crown and screw-down back
    Lumi Brite luminous paint at hands and marks
    Rotating bezel with anti reverse spin function
    5-year-long life battery
    Anti magnetic
    +- 15sec/month
    Instructions, worldwide one year warranty, coupon for one free battery change and original Seiko box
    Watch serial starts with 1D (December 2011)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:04:02 AM by Canuck » Logged
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »

It's a gorgeous watch, but man...I just can't justify that kind of cash.  I'm too hard on watches / sunglasses. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 08:50:37 AM »

Yeah I totally understand that line of thinking. A few years ago I would have said that that's crazy for a watch but now it seems pretty middle of the road. I've had people ask me if I could price some of the top end Grand Seikos and those watches cost upwards of $8000! Anyways, watch has been sold. Hopefully if I can sell 4 or 5 more then I'll have enough points to get one for myself at a 'reasonable' price.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »

I'm and TAG fan and have 3. What are the prices like over there?

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »

Wow I really like everything about that except that it's a Quartz movement.  Color me interested in your business though, I do collect watches smile.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »

Quote from: Roman on May 04, 2012, 03:38:58 PM

The price of TAGs? I have no idea-they aren't a Japanese watch company.

Gellar, I'm not a big fan of quartz watches either but I've found that unless you have a watch winder, having too many automatic watches can be a bit of a pain in the ass. Sometimes it is nice to have a watch that is dead accurate even a year after you've set it. One thing I really like about that watch is that it has the Japanese kanji for the date which is cool as hell. Seiko and Citizen both have a ton of amazing watches which for some reason that I will never understand are only sold in the Japanese market.  Someday I hope to get that Tuna but I already have a diver (black dial Sumo) so I think my next one will be something that can be worn on more formal occasions-probably this SARB023 otherwise known as a "poor man's Grand Seiko".

It's a beautiful watch automatic 23 jewel movement, sapphire crystal glass, skeleton back and 50 hour power reserve. I can totally understand why it might be compared to a Grand Seiko.  It costs about $550.  Five years ago I would have said you were crazy if you had told me a $550 watch was a poor mans anything.  I suppose I've been converted.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »

Oh, by the way the watch is sold smile Forgot to add that.
 If anyone has any interest in Japanese watches (Seiko, Citizen, Casio, Orient) then let me know. I know they probably don't have a huge reputation overseas and I think that's Seiko's fault for not sharing the love.

This was my impression of Seikos before I went to Japan:

and this is what the reality is like:
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 03, 2012, 04:58:47 PM

It's a gorgeous watch, but man...I just can't justify that kind of cash.  I'm too hard on watches / sunglasses. 

Plus I believe you don't have any water in Arizona Tongue
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:35:11 PM »

gratz on the sale, BTW.

Were you wearing a trench coat at the time? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »

Whoa what is that last watch you posted?  I'm super interested in that if the price isn't astronomical.

Now as far as Quartz vs Automatic (or even handwind)... to me it's no contest.  Resetting the time on a stopped watch and winding it takes all of two minutes.  Quartz movements are actually *less accurate* over time than mechanicals, require me to go to a watch shop once every three or four years, and have an inferior hand movement (visually).  Plus I like knowing that the thing strapped to my wrist is actually a fairly awesomely complicated little piece of mechanical engineering.

Since we're showing off, this is my current 'daily' watch for bidnez and weekend nights.  It's a hand wind mechanical, tungsten carbide case, sapphire crystal on both sides.  It's easily one of my favorite physical possessions.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »

Also Japanese Seiko's here in the US are very highly respected by the watch community.  Orients are as well (the low end Orients are such a huge value for money).  But I get what you are saying - in the say sub $600 range, lots of people buy watches for brands rather than quality... which is why you see lots of horrific fashion watches from brand names like Burberry, Michael Kors, etc... Far inferior to an Orient or Seiko at around the same price.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:47 AM »

Quote from: gellar on May 10, 2012, 05:51:40 PM

Whoa what is that last watch you posted?  I'm super interested in that if the price isn't astronomical.

Now as far as Quartz vs Automatic (or even handwind)... to me it's no contest.  Resetting the time on a stopped watch and winding it takes all of two minutes.  Quartz movements are actually *less accurate* over time than mechanicals, require me to go to a watch shop once every three or four years, and have an inferior hand movement (visually).  Plus I like knowing that the thing strapped to my wrist is actually a fairly awesomely complicated little piece of mechanical engineering.

Since we're showing off, this is my current 'daily' watch for bidnez and weekend nights.  It's a hand wind mechanical, tungsten carbide case, sapphire crystal on both sides.  It's easily one of my favorite physical possessions.

You won't get any argument from me! To me it really feels like an automatic watch has a soul whereas the quartzes seem 'soulless'.  I'm also not a big fan of how light and cheap quartzes tend to feel-I like a bit of heft to my watch.

Actually the price of that watch is pretty outrageous.  That was a totally unfair comparison as I used the cheapest Seikos I could find and one of the more expensive ones. It costs about $4400.  That's quite a lot but a huge part of it is the weak US dollar. 3 or 4 years ago when the rate was 125 yen per dollar the same watch would have cost $2700.  It's still way more money than I think I would ever spend on a watch.
I think I'll start a watch thread since this is a sales forum smile
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

Sweet mother of god.  Yeah that's more than I want to spend.  LOL.
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »

Quote from: gellar on May 11, 2012, 05:47:42 PM

I didn't think that was possible.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

Quote from: tiktokman on May 11, 2012, 07:20:12 PM

Honestly if I'm spending that much I'm going to buy a Rolex Submariner.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »

Quote from: gellar on May 11, 2012, 08:20:22 PM

Funny, I thought he was from Marvel.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »

Quote from: Roman on May 04, 2012, 03:38:58 PM

Yea I'm a fan of Tag too I own an Aquaracer and a Carrera.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

Quote from: gellar on May 11, 2012, 08:20:22 PM

That's fair enough.  Rolex's are very good watches and they have an awesome history. I just don't like the fact that they're the watch that everyone wants.  It's like the iPhone for me-I want to be different.

http://canuckwatchjp.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: