http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 08:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medieval II: Total War - disk 1?  (Read 1582 times)
kratz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:43:52 PM »

So, my old computer had a CD drive fail and it did the following to my disk 1 (non Gold version) for Medieval II, and now I can't install it on my new PC.

So I'm looking for:

Disk 1
The whole game, for cheap.

Or maybe someone having a different solution to my problem... I can think of one really obvious one, but I'm not gonna say it.

My copy of the game is wholly legit... photographic evidence can be provided.

Send me a PM if you have a solution to this problem.

Thanks!

And no, I did not *purchase* personalized notes. smile
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:47:47 PM by kratz » Logged
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »

Do publishers still do replacement disks?

I guess that's a no:
Question
  I've damaged my CD / DVD, can I get a replacement from you?

Answer
  Due to ordering requirements with the manufacturer we do not operate a replacement service (for a fee) on damaged software. As the licence to play the game is related solely to the particular piece of software bought any replacement requests will need to be taken up with the original retailer. For further information on this please refer to the warranty outlined below:

WARRANTY
Sega Europe Limited warrants to you, the original purchaser of the Game, that this Game will perform substantially as described in the accompanying manual for a period of 90 days from the date of first purchase. If you discover a problem with the Game covered by this warranty within the 90-day period, your retailer will repair or replace the Game at its option, free of charge, according to the process identified below. This limited warranty: (a) does not apply if the Game is used in a business or for a commercial purpose; and (b) is void if any difficulties with the Game are related to accident, abuse, virus or misapplication. This limited warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have statutory or other rights under your local jurisdiction.

WARRANTY CLAIMS
Warranty claims should be made to the retailer from where you bought the game. Return the Game together with a copy of the original sales receipt and an explanation of the difficulty you are experiencing with the Game. At its option, the retailer will either repair or replace the Game. Any replacement Game will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or 90 days from receipt, whichever is longer.
If for any reason the Game cannot be repaired or replaced, you will be entitled to receive your direct (but no other) damages incurred in reasonable reliance but only up to the amount of the price you paid for the Game. The foregoing (repair, replacement or limited damages) is your exclusive remedy. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:36:06 PM by coopasonic » Logged

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »

Check out your nearest Target.  They had this on their clearance shelves for a while for under 20 bucks (i think it was more like 10 bucks at one point) and it was the gold edition with the expansion.  If I see a copy, I'll let you know in case you want it.

Also, your personal note mentions the Samsung 4266W.  that's the same damn tv i have.  good and cheap.   icon_biggrin

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 25, 2008, 06:06:01 PM

Check out your nearest Target.  They had this on their clearance shelves for a while for under 20 bucks (i think it was more like 10 bucks at one point) and it was the gold edition with the expansion.  If I see a copy, I'll let you know in case you want it.

Also, your personal note mentions the Samsung 4266W.  that's the same damn tv i have.  good and cheap.   icon_biggrin

I went with the LG... that picture is from about 18 months ago, when the disk was damaged and I was shopping for TVs.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »

Just activate it on steam with your CD key.

morlac00 on PSN
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 07:30:21 PM »

Unless there is a code other than the one inside the CD holder box thingy that says MED II KEY CODE, that didn't work.  Shit, that would've ruled.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 02:12:06 AM »

The only time that works is if you have a game that is originally published by Valve.  An old copy of Half-life perhaps.  And yes it did rule to not need the HL cd anymore. smile
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 01:34:27 PM »

Worked for me on Prey. Kratz you still need this? I found my copy just pm me your address.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »

Yeah, I do... I'll PM you.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »

Still looking for this... I've been trying in vain to get this CD working.
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »

No you don't. I finally remembered to ship this earlier this week. Should have it shortly. My apologies.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »

Heh, okay... thanks man.

I feel bad hounding someone about a freebie. smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: