http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 10:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for an old...possibly broken...laptop  (Read 1061 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2005, 06:47:53 PM »

Im looking for an old beat up broke down laptop that basically no one wants and would like to dump. I have a list of pc games as trade material or I might be able to pick up shipping charges for it. Im talking one that might be missing something or is so out of date as to be useless to you. Thnx.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:50:27 PM »

daehawk,

if you see this first - check your PM, there's a really cheap ($50) working laptop that someone posted on my local bulletin board.  i sent you the info, just in case.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:11:10 PM »

Daehawk, I have an old IBM Thinkpad that no longer boots up. It's actually my wife's old system. We bought a new laptop to replace it so the Thinkpad now sits on our dining room table as nothing more than a paperweight.

You are welcome to have it in exchange for a game or two from your list of PC games.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

mytocles...dang man..if Id seen this about 4 days ago I woulda jumped on it..but I just got 3 games from GoGamer....talked the wife into them cause of thier 48 hour madness sale. Got them super cheap. Theres no way id even ask her for a gumball at this stage lol. But thnx for the info..is a good deal for someone out there.

Jimmy.....sounds good. Just what I was looking for. Maybe I can rebuild it..better..faster..err stronger and such biggrin......Heres my list of games..just pick  all the stuff ya want. Could you tell me the model of the thinkpad so i can look it up and start checking into price for parts on those? Thnx.

Star Wars Starfighter - JC/Sealed
Sub Command - JC/Sealed
Madden 2002 - JC/Sealed
Shogun Total War Warlord Edition - JC/Sealed (includes Invasion of the Mongal Horde,Campaigns of the Three Unifiers, and other stuff)
Games of Flight - BOX (includes B-17, European Air War, and Gunship!)
Battlezone - JC
Police Quest Open Season - JC
Star Wars Rebel Assault 2 -JC
Star Wars Battle for Naboo - JC
Simcity 3000 - JC
Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe - JC
Powermonger - JC

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 10:17:08 PM »

talk about all's well that ends well!  that laptop got whisked away already - and there was Jimmy the Fish waiting in the wings!

way to go Jimmy and CG!  good luck with your new toy, Daehawk...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 10:43:50 PM »

The exact model of Thinkpad, I'll have to look at it when I get home from work tonight. I know it's a Celeron of some sort. Nothing terribly fast or exotic. Let's just say that it's not what one would consider a "gaming system".  It's around three or four years old I think. My wife only used it for word processing, but it does have a DVD ROM drive. When it stopped booting up, my first thought was that the hard drive broke. I don't know. Maybe that's all you would need to replace.

Well, it looks like the games you have available are things I already have or don't really have any interest in. I tell you what. I'll find out what the shipping cost is to send the laptop to you and depending on how much it is, maybe we can just split that cost. It can't be that much. Really, you are doing just as much of a service to me by taking it off my hands. My solution was to just toss it in the trash, but the wife wouldn't let me do that because it's environmentally bad.

Oh, and by the way Daehawk, check you PMs. I sent you a message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: