http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 11:52:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kindle2 For Sale  (Read 1664 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »

I have a nearly new Kindle2 for sale. It was purchased on 12/25/09, and is updated to the newest firmware. It somehow managed to be a global wireless version, which I think is a signifcant bonus over the regular ones. I have read a few books on it, but I just don't use it very much and have decided to sell it now. It is in absolutely pristine condition.

It has been in this case since day 1:
http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-GO-Jacket-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B0025PJVXA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278438747&sr=8-2

I also have an extra cover for it:
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Leather-Display-Generation/dp/B001JAH7OM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=fiona-hardware&qid=1278438747&sr=8-5

It comes with original box, manual, charger cable, and all that good stuff. This value, even with the price drop, is over $250.

I am selling it for $150, and I will ship it free of charge.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:14:17 AM by Calvin » Logged
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 02:32:36 AM »

this still available?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »

PM to working Mike, price dropped to $125 shipped before the new Kindle comes out-that has minimal improvements over this model, and still will cost 189 for the version with wifi and 3G, just like this baby already has-plus, INTERNATIONAL wireless oh WOW!

Anyways, let me know if you are interested, going to give WorkingMike dibs if he is still around.
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »

YGPM
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 06:47:04 PM »

I'm interested, lemme just talk to the missus and see what our money is looking like right now. I'll get back with you ASAP
gangeli
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on July 29, 2010, 08:28:33 PM

price dropped to $125 shipped before the new Kindle comes out-that has minimal improvements over this model

you consider these minimal improvements?

Here are the key improvements -

1. 50% better screen contrast.
   2. 15% more compact.
   3. 21% lighter.
   4. 20% faster page turns.
   5. Double the memory.
   6. Double the battery life with wireless off (up to 1 month). With wireless on you get just 10 days. 
   7. Much better usability of buttons and keys.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 12:00:43 AM »

Super! Thanks for your input! If you aren't interested, feel free not to look.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »

The Kindle 3 does have some refinements over the Kindle 2, but viewed in light of the price difference between the $125 one Calvin is selling and the $189 Kindle 3 equivalent, I think his offer is still a really good deal.

-Autistic Angel
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on July 31, 2010, 12:00:43 AM

Super! Thanks for your input! If you aren't interested, feel free not to look.

Nice attitude!  There shouldn't be a problem with someone pointing out the "minimal improvements", no need to be sensitive!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »

I really wasn't being sensitive Mith, I just think it is bad form to call out someone in a deal they are trying to make. I find the upgrades to the Kindle3 somewhat unimpressive compared to what you already get with a K2 with wireless and 3G. Mike and Goldchamp I am positive have looked at my model and the new one and made their decision. Again, I thought it was rude-no need to get consumer reports 60 minutes edition in someone's trade thread.

Regardless, I am waiting to hear from Mike and GC has expressed interest if he passes. My kindle remains in its box not being used frown
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:13:21 PM by Calvin » Logged
gangeli
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »

hi.

i'm sorry you think i'm calling you out.  that wasn't my intent.

i certainly don't know what the used kindle market prices are, and if yours is a good deal
or not.  perhaps its the greatest deal ever.

it just sort of rubbed me as used car salesmanship to say that the new kindle has "minimal" improvements, when i've been reading about an awful lot of kindle 2 owners who are selling them to buy the kindle 3's

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 02:23:34 AM »

Quote from: gangeli on August 03, 2010, 12:42:19 AM

hi.

i certainly don't know what the used kindle market prices are, and if yours is a good deal

it just sort of rubbed me as used car salesmanship to say that the new kindle has "minimal" improvements, when i've been reading about an awful lot of kindle 2 owners who are selling them to buy the kindle 3's

Calvin is right. If you are not interested in what he or someone else is selling than don't click the link - plain and simple.
Perhaps Gangeli is the type to inform every consumer he meets either on the street or in the stores that they may not be getting the best deal... but I highly doubt that. Could you imagine if he were to walk up to a potential sale taking place on a used car lot by telling the customers that the salesman is perhaps lying when explaining that they don't need the 2010 model as his 2008 model is just fine. Would gangeli do that? I doubt he would - so what is it about the internet that turns allows these people to act on their passive aggressiveness?

Now I will exit stage left and uphold my feelings posted above as I am not interested in purchasing the kindle.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »

My droid phone has a kindle ap.  Does your kindle 2 make phone calls?
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »

Quote from: Roman on August 03, 2010, 02:23:34 AM

I doubt he would - so what is it about the internet that turns allows these people to act on their passive aggressiveness?

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:44 AM »

I would feel more outrage but I can't for someone who only ever posts on these boards when he wants to offload something. smile
Perhaps he hasn't heard of ebay?  It also doesn't include forums so he has no commitment to contribute!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 05:18:07 AM »

You know what, ot worth the original response I wrote. What a stupid thing to say. Funny actually.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:03:22 AM by Calvin » Logged
gangeli
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 09:59:31 PM »

Quote from: Roman on August 03, 2010, 02:23:34 AM

Quote from: gangeli on August 03, 2010, 12:42:19 AM

hi.

Calvin is right. If you are not interested in what he or someone else is selling than don't click the link - plain and simple.
Perhaps Gangeli is the type to inform every consumer he meets either on the street or in the stores that they may not be getting the best deal... but I highly doubt that. Could you imagine if he were to walk up to a potential sale taking place on a used car lot by telling the customers that the salesman is perhaps lying when explaining that they don't need the 2010 model as his 2008 model is just fine. Would gangeli do that? I doubt he would - so what is it about the internet that turns allows these people to act on their passive aggressiveness?

Now I will exit stage left and uphold my feelings posted above as I am not interested in purchasing the kindle.

actually, i am in the market for a kindle, so i am interested, which is why i clicked the link in the first place, k?

and, you know, i guess i kind of thought of these forums as a collection of "friends" or at least like minded people who look out for each other.

would i walk up to some stranger making a deal for a used car?  no, of course not.  would i tell a friend he was getting fucked over when someone tries to sell him some old piece of shit for the same price he could get a brand new improved one for?  you're damn right i would.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 10:45:51 PM »

Quote from: gangeli on August 04, 2010, 09:59:31 PM

actually, i am in the market for a kindle, so i am interested, which is why i clicked the link in the first place, k?

and, you know, i guess i kind of thought of these forums as a collection of "friends" or at least like minded people who look out for each other.

would i walk up to some stranger making a deal for a used car?  no, of course not.  would i tell a friend he was getting fucked over when someone tries to sell him some old piece of shit for the same price he could get a brand new improved one for?  you're damn right i would.

The WhisperNet functionality of Calvin's Kindle2 makes it the equivalent of the $189 version of the Kindle3, but because of the difference in battery life and the aesthetics, he's selling it for only $125 with a cover.  That hardly seems comparable to selling "some old piece of shit for the same price." icon_neutral

-Autistic Angel
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 02:57:40 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 04, 2010, 10:45:51 PM

The WhisperNet functionality of Calvin's Kindle2 makes it the equivalent of the $189 version of the Kindle3, but because of the difference in battery life and the aesthetics, he's selling it for only $125 with a cover.  That hardly seems comparable to selling "some old piece of shit for the same price." icon_neutral

-Autistic Angel

Yep.  If you're going to call someone out for being a 'used car salesman', perhaps getting your ducks in a row would be recommended prior to spouting shit.

Friends or like minded people don't call people used car salesmen.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 11:36:28 PM »

Quote from: gellar on August 05, 2010, 02:57:40 AM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 04, 2010, 10:45:51 PM

-Autistic Angel

Yep.  If you're going to call someone out for being a 'used car salesman', perhaps getting your ducks in a row would be recommended prior to spouting shit.

Friends or like minded people don't call people used car salesmen.

Except if they deserve it, which in your case is virtually every post you make. SHITCOCK!!!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

Throttle down folks - back on track.  This is the trade forum, not the R&P forum....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on August 30, 2010, 02:19:26 PM

Throttle down folks - back on track.  This is the trade forum, not the R&P forum....
Ah man it was just getting good too!

Bring your own!

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: