http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it legal to sell an Anarchy Online Account?  (Read 1237 times)
Bulletproof
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2004, 11:58:59 PM »

I have no idea and can't seem to spot an answer on their website. I will absolutely remove this post if it is against either their terms and conditions or the law. However, if it is legal and acceptable, I have a ton of stuff on the account as well as all original documentation, packaging, CD's, and other goodies from my days with this MMORPG. And I'm looking to get rid of it for very little.
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 01:20:48 AM »

I was looking through some info on their website and came across this:

Someone stole my account!
We have not had anyone hack or steal account information from our servers thus far. Unfortunately we can only see if an account has transferred hands and not if an account has actually been stolen. Please make sure your computer is secure and all account information is yours only. We only give information on an account to the email currently registered on the account.

From reading this I'd say they allow an account to change hands.

I don't see anything that specifically states that a person cannot transfer their account to another person. What someone charges to sale their account to another person should be between the 2 parties and not FUNCOM, but I could be wrong on that.

I'd say your best course of action would be to email FUNCOM and ask them what they allow as far as selling an active account to another person.

It seems it would be simple enough to that once you sale the account, and receive payment from the buyer you'd give that person your email address and password for the registration of AO, and the buyer would change all the info as far as a new email address, password, and credit card payment info.

Good Luck!

Email me or send me a PM and let me know how much your selling price is. I might be interested...thanks
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 02:02:30 AM »

Seems kosher to me.  I have no problem with it unless someone knows of a reason why it's not legal.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 03:09:43 AM »

AFAIK, it's cool as long as you're transfering the ENTIRE ACCOUNT, and not just selling Item X or 999,999,999 gold or something.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Bulletproof
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 06:51:32 AM »

Cool guys, thanks!. I may go about trying to document everything this thing includes in order to see if someone wants to take it over...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 11:23:12 PM »

Just a note that you can now download and sign up for Anarchy Online free from 12/15/04 - 1/15/05.  You can play for free through 1/1/06.  Expansions are not included in the free deal, however.  And of course you don't get all of Bulletproof's "ton of stuff."  LINKY!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Bulletproof
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 02:02:51 AM »

I can't believe they are doing that deal. Absolutely amazing, and if you are even remotely interested in this MMORPG you should try it out.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 02:09:26 AM »

Bullet, does your account include any expansions?  You might want to mention them if so.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Bulletproof
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 04:10:18 AM »

Good question LE. I have all original material for the original Anarchy Online, Anarchy Online Gold Version that was sent because I was part of the ARK program, Notum Wars, and Shadowlands. Although Shadowlands includes all three previously mentioned. However, I think the very newest expansion Alien Invasion also includes all three and I think you can pick it up for around $10.00 at EB. Anyone who's interested in an account transfer is going to probably do it because of my higher level characters, cash, and items. I'm gonna list the details fairly soon. I'm not interested in making big bucks off this. Rather I'd like to see the account go to someone who is truly interested in continuing with the game....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: