http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Games for sale--my need for money is your gain :)  (Read 993 times)
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2006, 04:47:14 PM »

EDIT FOR SPECIAL DEAL--Take all the games and I'll throw in Space Rangers 2 for free smile.

All in perfect condition, all included manuals/inserts.  Will include boxes on request.  Shipping will be via USPS priority mail, and I'll charge actual shipping costs--no inflated shipping here smile.  Buy more than one and I'll be happy to combine shipping to save you money smile.  These are all for PC.

Payment via USPS money order, or you can just put the cash in between several sheets of paper and send it Priority Mail. 

Civ 4 Preorder Edition--Yep, the spiral-bound manual, and the pretty foldout tech tree, and the soundtrack CD, and the pretty bookcase case--oh, and oh yeah, the best strategy game youve ever played smile.  You can't find this edition in the store anymore.  Steal it from me for only $35 plus shipping.

Sims 2 Holiday Edition--Watch your Sims grow and mature.  Or torture them.  Or make them psychotic.  It's up to you smile.  Steal this from me for $24 plus shipping.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion--Need I say anything more?  $30 plus shipping.

Star Wars Empire At War--Conquer the galaxy.  Or, if you're a wuss, liberate it as the Rebels smile.  $19 plus shipping.

Rome Total War Gold Edition--Kill, crush, destroy.  smile  Steal it from me for just $25 plus shipping.

The Godfather--$15 plus shipping.

Buy them all and save even more--I'll do all of them for $130.

You know you want to.  Buy them.  NOW. smile

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 06:48:11 PM by Darkstar One » Logged
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »

You really should get a paypal account.  It protects both parties and puts everyone's mind at ease.  Money orders and cash in envelopes are the way of Nigerian scams.   Not implying anything, simply saying that it'd probably get some attention on your trades if you did.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »

I agree, I'd purchase some of your loot if you had a verified paypal.   No way I am tossing cash into an envelope and shipping it off.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:05:45 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 01, 2006, 08:52:09 PM

I agree, I'd purchase some of your loot if you had a verified paypal.   No way I am tossing cash into an envelope and shipping it off.
Then toss a money order with delivery confirmation and ship it off that way.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 09:37:03 PM »

Precisely, depward smile.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 09:44:38 PM »

Quote from: depward on September 01, 2006, 09:05:45 PM

Quote from: Kobra on September 01, 2006, 08:52:09 PM

Then toss a money order with delivery confirmation and ship it off that way.

And pay more out of pocket, for the money order and for confirmation delivery. For something that could be handled online for minimal cost, and effort. By the way not shitting on your topic Darkstar. Hope you sell all your stuff.
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »

Np Ascendent, I appreciate the opinions.

I just won't do business with Paypal.  Have you ever read--REALLY read--their agreements?
Seems like they have the right to do everything but bend you over and spread your cheeks.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »

Quote from: Darkstar One on September 01, 2006, 09:49:10 PM

Np Ascendent, I appreciate the opinions.

I just won't do business with Paypal.  Have you ever read--REALLY read--their agreements?
Seems like they have the right to do everything but bend you over and spread your cheeks.

Yes I have read them, and I know how they can be difficult.  But their policy is strict, if you cannot prove you shipped something I paid for, I get a refund out of your account.  Not to mention it provides ANOTHER layer of protection for me. If you ship me a box of bricks, Paypal won't help, but I can call Visa, and get my money back via a chargeback.  Then I can go break the legs of the prick since I have his full address.  ninja

Sending off money via postal service requires some pretty big trust, and considering I don't trust anyone, well..

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 12:56:13 AM »

Thanks.  I haven't gone through the feedback thread.  If someone's interested, and your feedback rocks, I would be willing to ship first.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 01:16:49 AM »

Quote from: Darkstar One on September 02, 2006, 12:56:13 AM

Thanks.  I haven't gone through the feedback thread.  If someone's interested, and your feedback rocks, I would be willing to ship first.

That is very generous of you.  I hope you get some trades/sales!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 12:45:23 PM »

Agreed very generous of you darkstar!
And I agree with you about paypal - although they fucked me over first hand (years ago) for countless hundreds of dollars after I shipped a laptop and it turned out the buyer sent me "unauthorized funds" (which paypal didn't catch until nearly a week after they came through as normal, although they were nice enough to tell me not to ship the merchandise!) so I was out a laptop AND the money he sent me. Paypal had the guts to go digging into my bank account sending me into the negative (along with nasty "insufficient funds" fees) to get "their" funds back. They should have caught this in the first place.
I closed my account and never looked back.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 02:50:11 PM »

There are ways to safeguard this from happening.  Just like any other method, you need to take some caution, almost nothing in this world is fire and forget with recklessness.

Send to only verified people, phone authorize the deal, add the $1 extra paypal protection, and use a credit card for extra chargeback protection.

In hundreds of paypal transactions, I haven't had an issue because of the precautions I use.  Its no different than anything else.  But to me, firing off cash in a box to someone you don't know is far far riskier, and in this day and age, almost reckless.

Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 03:52:45 AM »

Well, Kobra, number one, you can send a USPS money order.

Number two, like I said, if someone's got sweet feedback here I would send first.  You have to build trust to gain it.
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 10:36:30 PM »

Wow, no takers?

I did shower this morning, I think  icon_lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: