http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 06:14:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Revell 1:96 USS Constitution + tons of modeling supplies, etc.  (Read 573 times)
Vinda-Lou
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:21:19 AM »

I'm looking to sell the following model supplies in one set:

A brand new Revell 1:96 USS Constitution model.
The box is open, but NOTHING has been touched.  All parts, pieces...; everything is new.  Nothing is missing.

Ship Modeling from Stem to Stern book.

A used Badger 200 airbrush set.  The actual brush will need a cleaning, but has only been used once.  A couple glass jars, etc. are with it, along with the instruction pamphlet.

How to use an Airbrush book

How to Paint Citadel Miniatures book.

I'll throw in the following for free:
Something like this.  Unopened Sheet Styrene pack of 2 sheets. 6x12 inches, .30 inches thick.
Sprue cutter/clipper
good tweezers (type where you squeeze to open, so constant grip...)
Extra hands.  Model holder with magnifying glass.
Build Better Model Cars magazine.  Great advice on building any models.
Fine Scale Modeler Magazine.  Nov. 2010, with a very handy special section with a Modeler's Handook.
A few other, safe for mailing supplies, such as files and whatever I can send.

Looking for $60 + shipping costs (the Constitution box is huge!).  This is all worth well over $100! 
PM with questions.  Check out online reviews of the model.  It's supposed to be excellent to build and display.  I don't have the patience or coordination!  My ADHD got the better of me and I bought all of this earlier this year... Roll Eyes 

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:25:12 AM »

Wow... they still make that kit. You're right, it is an excellent model both to build and display and that's a heck of a price for a nice almost-everything-you'd-need package. Too bad I already built one... thirty years ago. Did all of the rigging by hand, too. icon_eek

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 15, 2011, 05:25:12 AM

Wow... they still make that kit. You're right, it is an excellent model both to build and display and that's a heck of a price for a nice almost-everything-you'd-need package. Too bad I already built one... thirty years ago. Did all of the rigging by hand, too. icon_eek

I really wish I had the time and patience to build this.  How long did it take you to complete the whole thing, including the rigging? 
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »

Quote from: Vinda-Lou on September 15, 2011, 10:19:15 AM

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 15, 2011, 05:25:12 AM

I really wish I had the time and patience to build this.  How long did it take you to complete the whole thing, including the rigging? 

I honestly don't recall exactly, but I don't believe it wasn't too long to get the actual ship painted and built. The absolutely longest part was the rigging. I remember only working on it in my "spare time" so I'm thinking it took me the better part of a year to get it all done. My brother built me a beautiful walnut case with glass sides and top to display it in, was quite the conversation piece. Had to leave it behind several moves ago.  icon_cry

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »

Going up on Craig's List Wednesday... for much more than $60. 
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »

Well Craig's list didn't work.  I think I got the same scam email three times...

Anyway, still have this set of things.  I'll basically throw everything I have for models and put it in a box and send it to you.  The un-built model, bunch of magazines and modeling guides, including the Warhammer miniature painting guide.  Put it up for one hundred on CL, but here I'll keep it at $60 - but that includes shipping with insurance now.

Anyone?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »

Pencil me in for this weekend when I get paid.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: