http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 08:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Marketplace - Anyone Been a Seller?  (Read 571 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »

Hey gang, has anyone been a seller on amazon marketplace?  Looks like it's amazon's ebay, for lack of a better term.  Wondering if your experience has been good, etc.  Thanks.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:33:07 AM »

I've sold probably 200+ items on amazon marketplace over the past 5 years.  Overall it's been a positive experience... The only qualm I have is amazons very liberal return policy.  Buyers can return anything for any reason, and the seller doesn't have much, if any, recourse if the buyer decided to press the issue .
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

that sounds like a sure fire way to get screwed out of game selling by people renting them at your loss.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 12, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

that sounds like a sure fire way to get screwed out of game selling by people renting them at your loss.

I was thinking the same.  Do they not have protection for this sort of thing?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »

I've had that happen to me only once over the years, though I've heard some nasty stories from other sellers.

According to Amazon, you can charge up to a 50% restock fee for non-defective returns:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200708240

...and used games and software are not eligible for returns based on their own return policies:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721

Now, I don't know what will happen if the buyer presses the issue.  But I've sold a *lot* of games on Amazon, and only seen one person attempt abuse the system.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »

Quote from: Laner on March 14, 2014, 07:20:55 PM

I've had that happen to me only once over the years, though I've heard some nasty stories from other sellers.

According to Amazon, you can charge up to a 50% restock fee for non-defective returns:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200708240

...and used games and software are not eligible for returns based on their own return policies:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721

Now, I don't know what will happen if the buyer presses the issue.  But I've sold a *lot* of games on Amazon, and only seen one person attempt abuse the system.
well, that's a relief then.  tbh, it sounds much better than taking whatever tiny amount you would get from trade-in programs.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 03:09:48 PM »

I sell almost everything via Amazon anymore.  Ebay was just not working well.  I had a few people cancel after winning the auction, etc.   I have been very happy with it so far.  It is easy and I seem to sell more.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 11:05:14 PM »

You have to setup a store site or something?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »

I don't.  I just sell as an individual.  I am not a huge seller - maybe 25 items a year. 

hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:13:28 AM »

about ten years ago, i sold a course textbook on amazon and the buyer claimed to never receive it. i refunded his money, but he still went ahead and gave me a one-star rating... now, in the years since, pretty much no one bothers to leave feedback for me, at all, ever, on the media they buy from me... so i *still* have a not-fantastic average seller rating. i even emailed the guy a couple years back asking him to please rescind the rating, as he did get all of his money back (and i was out my book and shipping costs) and he did agree to do so, but then wrote back and said he was unable to change the rating. hooray.

(i have an otherwise perfect rating, and i *do* have a perfect rating on ebay/half.com, so i am decidedly not a scammer...)
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on April 24, 2014, 07:13:28 AM

about ten years ago, i sold a course textbook on amazon and the buyer claimed to never receive it. i refunded his money, but he still went ahead and gave me a one-star rating... now, in the years since, pretty much no one bothers to leave feedback for me, at all, ever, on the media they buy from me... so i *still* have a not-fantastic average seller rating. i even emailed the guy a couple years back asking him to please rescind the rating, as he did get all of his money back (and i was out my book and shipping costs) and he did agree to do so, but then wrote back and said he was unable to change the rating. hooray.

(i have an otherwise perfect rating, and i *do* have a perfect rating on ebay/half.com, so i am decidedly not a scammer...)

That was a very sucky thing for the buyer to do, giving you a one star rating even though you refunded the money. The fault could have easily been with the postal service. I've had books I've ordered through the Amazon Marketplace not show up, but each time I've contacted the seller they have refunded the money and I give them a five star rating with an explanation in the text of what happened. I know that I might be giving too much credit to the seller in some cases, but I figure that if it really was the fault of the post office (like it was in your case), the seller shouldn't be branded with a bad rating. In fact, because they did respond promptly and gave a refund, I have more confidence in them. After all, at a minimum they are out the refund cash, and most likely also a book and postage.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

I sell things here and there on Amazon.  I've only run into one issue.  The differences between Amazon and EBay is that on Amazon my item sells within hours, sometimes minutes.  On eBay it can sit forever.  Risk of doing business? 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: