http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you want to see in Weekly Deals?  (Read 1406 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2005, 12:07:29 AM »

Just Circular Ads?
Best Internet Deals?
Best In-Stock Used Games From the Week?

Give me ideas, folks.  I'll incorporate a few of 'em here and there.  I want our weekly deal post to be as good as it can be, so fill 'er up!

-Zarkon
KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:10:06 AM »

Thanks for doing this.  I vote for all of the above.  In addition, just to make your job a little harder, I would also add any non-sale related notable price drops.  For instance, can't wait for KOTOR 2 to reach the magical 19.99 price point.  I suppose that it won't happen until the new XBOX is released.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 01:37:05 AM »

I would like to see B&M deals remain part of the "Weekly Deals."  I imagine I am not alone in sometimes seeking instant gratification.  Plus, it gives me something to do during lunch.

I like the addition of internet-only deals, but I think this might be a bit more difficult to keep up with due to rotating stock and the fact that these deals are not always Monday-Friday type things.  Same goes with used.  I don't mind buying used games from reputable sources, but I tend to stick to sites that guarantee the manual and original packaging.

Do you intend to limit your online deals to a few select sellers, or will you be branching out to include more obscure sites?

Finally, I'm not real certain how these lists are organized.  That might be something to think about.  I don't want to make it too complicated!

I really appreciate the effort you put into compiling this least each week.  I know what kind of work it takes to link all those games to the records in the database. :twisted:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 01:44:56 AM »

Ideas on how to organize it would be helpful, outside of the 'by console' part.  Speaking of, do we want to include key games for older systems? (PSX, Game Boy Color/Game Boy, Dreamcast?)

As far as what sites, right now I'm thinking of the reputable ones:  EB, Gamestop, Gamefly, Gogamer, major retail sites, et al.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 01:56:59 AM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Speaking of, do we want to include key games for older systems? (PSX, Game Boy Color/Game Boy, Dreamcast?)

I don't think you should go that far.  That is getting into a very limited niche and will only clutter the deals.  If people are looking for Dreamcast and other classics then I can't imagine they will be waiting for the drop from $5.00 to $2.50. :lol:

Of course if it is a BIG deal then it would be worth mentioning.  I just don't see too many of these coming up.

As far as order...Alphabetical would be a start until a better option comes around.  I'm not sure about breaking them down further to b&m/online/used, but some might prefer that.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 06:25:59 AM »

If they're great old school games, then tell us.  If it is a copy of Barbie: whatever for the PSX for $1 at Target.. meh..
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 01:51:01 PM »

I was going to mention bargain bin specials as well.  I used to LOVE searching thru the dump bins (as they are called), but most of the stores around here have moved away from that, and instead keep old games at high prices hoping someone wants it enough (like BB having RtCW for $45).

Also, internet-only deals are great.  Honestly, Ive come to prefer internet shopping.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 03:05:33 PM »

For myself, I usually pay attention to the big chains, both in-store and internet deals (Best Buy, Target, EBGames, etc.)  I wouldn't mind seeing deals from smaller chains as long as they are reputable dealers.

For organization, I like to see them sorted by store, then alphabetically with a notation of which console and the price.  Maybe if the same game was on sale at more than one store with differing prices, the best deal could be in bold colors or something like that.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: