http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 05:15:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade 2 and get any preowned game for 9.99 - Gamerush stores  (Read 1693 times)
ericb
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:49:51 PM »

There is a trade in deal at Gamerush stores (certain Blockbuster videos).  The trade deal is trade in any 2 (PS1, PS2, XBox, GC or GB/GBA) games and get any preowned game for 9.99. I took 4 cheapo games I got at Circuit City (4.99 each) and traded them at gamerush using the trade deal.   I got the credit for the games (total of $26) so I walked out with Spiderman 2 and Fatal Frame II and $4 in credit for $20 total purchase (not including tax). Fantastic deal...now I'm just waiting for them to get some more games I want in...like Riddick and Sudeki.  I don't know how often they get games in but one of the clerks said they had over 100 games traded in last Monday.  Should be a good rotation of stock.  

EDIT - trade in deal only good at Gamerush areas in certain Blockbuster stores. Check out www.gamerush.com for locations.

EDIT2 - You get credit for the games you trade in and you get to use the trade 2 deal at the same time.  Your credit, if it's enough, will apply towards the 9.99.  

This is great for newer high dollar games like Spiderman 2, Riddick, Fatal Frame 2, Sudeki, etc.  Also since there are no exclusions you can trade old sports games and other near worthless games to get in on the deal (though you will get next to no credit for credit for them).
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 03:07:30 AM »

There's a coupon in the latest Gamepro (September) for a similar deal, where you get any preowned for $4.99 with 3 trade-ins.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 03:22:40 AM »

Great find!  I'll have to seek one of these out near me...got some low-rent titles that need to be traded in. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 01:51:10 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Great find!  I'll have to seek one of these out near me...got some low-rent titles that need to be traded in. smile

You going to Blockbuster?  The world must be ending.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 10:38:32 PM »

This has worked out really well for me so far.  I've managed to get

Chronicles of Riddick
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Baldurs Gate II
Fatal Frame II
Spiderman 2
Luigi's Mansion

All for a grand total of around $55.  And I got rid of a bunch of games that were worth almost nothing that nobody wanted in trade including ancient sports titles.  Still looking for Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: