http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steam Holiday sale is live! Daily deals too!  (Read 12131 times)
El-Producto
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

Alright since there is nothing there I want, here is my final haul:

Day of Defeat Source: $2.49
Mass Effect: $4.99
Max Payne Pack 1 and 2: $3.79
Lucas Arts Adventure Pack: $2.49
Everquest 2: $4.99
Vanguard: $4.99
Ghost Master $1
Evil Genius $1.99
Torchlight $9.99
Indigo Prophecy $3.79

Overall a lot of gaming for $40.  I just realized I bought Day of Defeat source, but I really wanted Red Orchestra, oh well.

"Goonies never say die"
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »

Meh, I might be tempted by Morrowind for nostalgic purposes, but otherwise I was only holding out for Fallout 3 GOTY. Looks like I'm getting out of these sales with only purchasing Chronicles of Riddick, Mass Effect, and Torchlight. Plenty to keep me busy.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2010, 05:29:48 PM »

Already have 'Morrowind'. Would pick up 'Red Alert 3'.. if it was 5 bucks. Waiting to hear from Steam Support if they'll let me have 'Mass Effect' for 5 bucks. They took the weekend off, apparently.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2010, 05:41:52 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on January 02, 2010, 04:45:52 PM

Is Ghostbusters worth 6 bucks?

I picked up Ghostbusters for full price when it was released on the 360, played it all the way through, and enjoyed it quite a bit.  It's short enough that I'd probably only recommend it to someone at a $20 price point, so $6 is an easy recommendation for me. thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »

Quote from: Zero on January 02, 2010, 05:03:35 PM

Trine $4.99

LOL, I bought that just a week or so ago for $8.   Dammit Steam, I want my $3 back!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2010, 06:55:01 PM »

Quote from: mirage775 on January 02, 2010, 05:05:15 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 02, 2010, 04:08:00 PM

Quote from: mirage775 on January 02, 2010, 01:23:36 PM

I just picked up Portal.  Maybe it won't suck?

I hope you're kidding.

Portal was my game of the year a couple of years back, despite it's short length.

Nope, I was gonna buy it when it came out on the 360 but, everyone I asked said it kinda sucked...

icon_eek

I can't imagine anyone thinking Portal sucked.

It has a nearly 90% rating on Gamerankings.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2010, 08:22:21 PM »

I'll pick up the Morrowind deal.  Maybe Trine.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »

Was debating trine and then it hits the 1 day sale. Pulled the trigger after reading their own forums - like to support indie devs where I can enjoy the game as well smile

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »

wow, trine is brilliant so far.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »

well, since this is the last day I pulled the trigger on the TellTale pack.  by my final count, barring any last minute purchases, my games list has grown by 50 games while only spending 115 bucks.  I'll be set for some time to come.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2010, 09:32:54 PM »

Rightly or wrongly this is what made me pull the trigger

I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone who has bought Trine. It means a lot to us, not only for obvious financial reasons but for reassuring us that the road we have chosen is the right one. A special thanks goes out to all those who bought the game at launch, because the first weeks – especially here on Steam – proved that Trine was going to be more successful than our earlier games (the Shadowgrounds series), validating all the hard work we did to make the game great and successful too. We have been happy with the sales of the game, and of course with the reception as well. There's always a few things you'd like to do differently in hindsight (like the last level) but overall we are happy with the game and quite proud of it too.

On the financial side, for the first time in our 7-year history we're getting closer to a situation where we can finally do things the way we want... This gives us a lot of options for the future and enables us to do certain things that were not possible before. We need to make less sacrifices and compromises, for one. Ultimately it means better games.

And speaking of games, I can say that there will be more Trine in the future. Before that happens though, we have something totally different coming up in mid-2010 and that's getting us very excited! It's been in development for two years so I'm getting the same kind of adrenaline rush feelings that we had when we were preparing to announce Trine in December 2008... Can't wait!

None of this would be possible if it wasn't for everyone who bought Trine (and the Shadowgrounds games too!). So, once more, thanks for buying Trine! We hope you've enjoyed it.

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
storz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »

How's Command & Conquer 3 compare to RA 3?  It is also on sale for $10.19.  Apparently all C&C3 stuff are on sale today. I never played C&C3, so I might pick that up.

Zero

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 02, 2010, 09:30:33 PM

well, since this is the last day I pulled the trigger on the TellTale pack.  by my final count, barring any last minute purchases, my games list has grown by 50 games while only spending 115 bucks.  I'll be set for some time to come.

Yikes, I'm at $120...and grown by 56 games.  I'm still thinking of the unreal deal pack, gratuitous space battle, and AI fleet command....oh boy.  expensive xmas/new year :-D
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2010, 01:05:49 AM »

Heard back from Steam support. Their response, in a gist: 'Transaction failed. We're sorry. You can re-purchase the game, but we can't rollback the price.' Lovely, really lovely. So, no 'Mass Effect' for me.  icon_mad

That's ok. They saved me 5 bucks. I'm content playing 'Evil Genius' and 'Civ IV'.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2010, 01:24:41 AM »

My haul -

Braid, Defense Grid, The Dig, Hinterland, Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, Loom, Trials 2, Zombie Bowl-a-Rama, Portal, and Red Alert 3 for a total of $35  icon_biggrin

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:37 AM »

Quote from: storz on January 02, 2010, 11:16:27 PM

How's Command & Conquer 3 compare to RA 3?  It is also on sale for $10.19.  Apparently all C&C3 stuff are on sale today. I never played C&C3, so I might pick that up.

I liked C&C3 better than RA3. I just replayed some of the missions yesterday. Maybe Im just old but on easy I still got my butt kicked. How I got through all 3 campaigns when I first got it I dont know.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2010, 02:24:17 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on January 03, 2010, 01:05:49 AM

Heard back from Steam support. Their response, in a gist: 'Transaction failed. We're sorry. You can re-purchase the game, but we can't rollback the price.' Lovely, really lovely. So, no 'Mass Effect' for me.  icon_mad

That's ok. They saved me 5 bucks. I'm content playing 'Evil Genius' and 'Civ IV'.

Steam's customer service sucks.

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2010, 05:26:54 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 03, 2010, 02:24:17 AM

Wow they really do suck. I've never heard anything good when people have to deal with them.  thumbsdown
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2010, 07:44:20 AM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on January 03, 2010, 05:26:54 AM

Wow they really do suck. I've never heard anything good when people have to deal with them.  thumbsdown

The funny thing is they sent a message about the transaction failure. My CC wasn't charged. I could've repurchased the game at its sale price if only they would have sent a more concise message right away. Instead, they make you create a whole different Steam support account, so you can ask them a question. You get an answer days later.. and it's total crap.  retard
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »

As of this moment, I've bought the following:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Unreal Deal
Painkiller: Collectors Pack
Space Siege
Tachyon: The Fringe
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Portal
Crysis Complete

Not bad for $67 bucks!

Xbox LIVE: Mirage775
Steam: Mirage775
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

Quote from: mirage775 on January 03, 2010, 03:09:32 PM

As of this moment, I've bought the following:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Unreal Deal
Painkiller: Collectors Pack
Space Siege
Tachyon: The Fringe
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Portal
Crysis Complete

Not bad for $67 bucks!

Nice haul!  I was thinking of getting Painkiller and Space Siege - but the Steam forum scared me away on those. 
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »

? Painkiller was a fun little shooter. Space Siege though I can agree its best to skip.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on January 03, 2010, 07:44:20 AM

The funny thing is they sent a message about the transaction failure. My CC wasn't charged. I could've repurchased the game at its sale price if only they would have sent a more concise message right away. Instead, they make you create a whole different Steam support account, so you can ask them a question. You get an answer days later.. and it's total crap.  retard

They do that so they can claim there's nothing they can do about a price after it's been changed back.  So, despite it being their fault that it took days to address the problem, you get screwed.

mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2010, 03:35:58 PM »

Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2010, 03:12:56 PM

Nice haul!  I was thinking of getting Painkiller and Space Siege - but the Steam forum scared me away on those.  

Why, what's up with the Steam forum?  I haven't even looked at it. 

I wanted to try Space Siege when I saw it in Walmart last year, for like $30!  I read the reviews and couldn't see paying that much for it.  I figured $5 bucks is worth it though and if it sucks, I won't be out too bad.

I was also thinking about getting The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Lucidity?  I remember playing the original Monkey Island back in the day and loving it!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:39:10 PM by mirage775 » Logged

Xbox LIVE: Mirage775
Steam: Mirage775
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2010, 03:53:05 PM »

Quote from: mirage775 on January 03, 2010, 03:35:58 PM

Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2010, 03:12:56 PM

Nice haul!  I was thinking of getting Painkiller and Space Siege - but the Steam forum scared me away on those.  

Why, what's up with the Steam forum?  I haven't even looked at it. 

I wanted to try Space Siege when I saw it in Walmart last year, for like $30!  I read the reviews and couldn't see paying that much for it.  I figured $5 bucks is worth it though and if it sucks, I won't be out too bad.

I was also thinking about getting The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Lucidity?  I remember playing the original Monkey Island back in the day and loving it!

Not trying to scare you...I loved the Space Siege demo - but there were a lot of cases having crashes, so I thought best to stay away from it.  But at $4.99 (its still that price) - I am very very tempted still.  As for Painkiller - there's a lot of complaints of CD Keys being used already.  Apparently there are websites that generate legitimate painkiller cd keys.

Now, for Secret of Monkey Island - I bought that on sale earlier in the year.  I still like it smile  Plus this version is completely redone, and the music is nicely re-mastered.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2010, 03:54:32 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 03, 2010, 03:24:56 PM

They do that so they can claim there's nothing they can do about a price after it's been changed back.  So, despite it being their fault that it took days to address the problem, you get screwed.

After the "purchase" - did Mass Effect show up on your game list?  And then they took it away?
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »

Nice sale!  I think I'm good till next Christmas.

Time Gentlemen, Please!
Trine
Jade Empire
Mr. Robot
Zombie Driver
Cogs
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation
Red Faction Guerrilla
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Ghost Master
Rome: Total War Gold
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama
World of Zoo
Defense Grid: The Awakening

Total: $58.12

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »

Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2010, 03:54:32 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 03, 2010, 03:24:56 PM

After the "purchase" - did Mass Effect show up on your game list?  And then they took it away?

Yep, that's what happened. It was there on my games list.. then *poof*.. I received their email and the game was gone.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »

Well , it ain't over yet, folks! 'Grand Theft Auto IV' for $7.49. Torchlight back again for 5 bucks. 'STALKER' for 2 bucks. And 'Bioshock' for 5 bucks. Good lord, I think I'm opening my wallet again.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »

OK, that seriously pisses me off.  I miss Torchlight for $4.99, and decide to bite at $9.99 anyway, then they drop it to 5 bucks again.  LAME.

"Goonies never say die"
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on January 03, 2010, 05:18:45 PM

OK, that seriously pisses me off.  I miss Torchlight for $4.99, and decide to bite at $9.99 anyway, then they drop it to 5 bucks again.  LAME.
don't worry i bought it for 19$ from D2D, then for 3,99 EUR from steam smile

Add me: Raptr: Kossak, Steam: Kossak
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »

Well they got another $2 out of me since STALKER looked like too good of a deal to pass up. I mean, you can't even buy a cup of coffee for less than $2. I was tempted by GTA IV, but I always found myself getting bored quickly when I played Vice City and San Andreas. Any have experience with IV that would make it tempting?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on January 03, 2010, 06:42:47 PM

Well they got another $2 out of me since STALKER looked like too good of a deal to pass up. I mean, you can't even buy a cup of coffee for less than $2. I was tempted by GTA IV, but I always found myself getting bored quickly when I played Vice City and San Andreas. Any have experience with IV that would make it tempting?

unlike the other ones I actually made it to the end of GTA IV.  the only problems I had with the game were the helicopter controls and the occasional scripted scene that would change the world around you for no reason other than to mess with you, like the one scene where someone runs away from you and you have to chase them down, yet the car you just got out of is missing so you're forced to use the motorcyle is has magically transformed into.

oh, and you have to have a beefy rig to run it in all it's glory.  I'm not sure those exist yet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »

Quote from: Kossak on January 03, 2010, 05:20:46 PM

Quote from: El-Producto on January 03, 2010, 05:18:45 PM

don't worry i bought it for 19$ from D2D, then for 3,99 EUR from steam smile

That happened to me on Mass Effect...but oh well, overall, I did pretty well on the sale.  The lesson here is that never buy on Steam unless its on sale...and during the holiday sales, don't buy until the daily deals or the VERY last day.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2010, 10:24:35 PM »

My haul:

Company of Heroes Gold
Torchlight
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold
Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood
Far Cry
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Complete Shooter Pack
STALKER
Titan Quest Gold

Total Price: 61.07

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »

Anyone want to help me get GTA IV? It is not available on Steam for my region so the only way for me to get it is if someone gift it to me on Steam and I pay him/her back.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2010, 10:59:28 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on January 03, 2010, 10:41:56 PM

Anyone want to help me get GTA IV? It is not available on Steam for my region so the only way for me to get it is if someone gift it to me on Steam and I pay him/her back.

I can do that...PM me your Steam account name.  I might as well help someone in Indonesia :-)  Anything else you want?
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »

Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2010, 10:59:28 PM

I can do that...PM me your Steam account name.  I might as well help someone in Indonesia :-)  Anything else you want?

Thanks. I sent you a PM.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on January 03, 2010, 11:24:57 PM

Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2010, 10:59:28 PM

Thanks. I sent you a PM.

Sent a PM back...I added you as a friend, but I think you need to "accept" me before I can send the gift to your steam account.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 04, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

I see they're having an encore sale and Torchlight is back down to $4.99.  Can someone list the other games available?  I don't know whether or not I'm seeing them all due to region restrictions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: