http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 07:04:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Subscribe to WoW for a year and get Diablo 3 for free?  (Read 1099 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »

Like your WoW? Wish you could get something else other than just gametime by paying Actizard money? Now you can!

http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/promotion/wap/en-us.html

Basically you commit to telling Blizzard, "Yes, I'll pay $14.99 a month for the next 12 months," and you'll get Diablo 3 absolutely free. And a scaling mount for all characters on the account.

Oh, and if you really like Diablo 3 and want to buy the CE of it, you can do so by buying it at the store, and you'll get 4 months of WoW time where you won't have to pay the aforementioned fee.

Seems like a steal. D3 costs you $60 as it is, so that's 4 months of WoW free in the deal. In a way.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »

Looks like Blizzard is starting to feel the pressure of falling WoW subscriptions, and the impending release of Old Republic.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:24 PM »

It's SLIGHTLY not as good a deal when you consider that if you just paid for the subscription in two six month chunks it would be $24 cheaper.

I guess there is value in the free mount and beta access.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 21, 2011, 11:44:24 PM

It's SLIGHTLY not as good a deal when you consider that if you just paid for the subscription in two six month chunks it would be $24 cheaper.

I guess there is value in the free mount and beta access.

you can choose that. you can do the normal price stuff. you just have to stay sub for 12 months in a row.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 02:50:32 AM »

you can pay your 12 month obligation off in what ever manner you choose.  You can pay monthly or get two 6 month subscriptions.  Also if youre running under a current sub plan your current time can apply to the 12 month obligation.  So if you have 4 months left on your current subscription plan you only need to cover 8 more months.   All in all, not a bad deal, if you want 12 more months of WoW.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 03:14:46 AM »

all the changes I'm hearing about would make me wary of subbing for a year:  no ranged weapons for anyone other than the hunter, no melee for hunters, pokemon style pet battles, totally getting rid of skill trees and having a new system....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »

dude, who the fuck used ranger other than hunters? no casters sat there wanding, unless it was pre BC and they were do onyxia. come on now, think for a minute.
the pet stuff is awesome. i joked about that for a long time many, many years ago. to see them actually do it is great. this is what mmo's need more of. not stupid grinds, but fun distractions.
though the skills trees, yeah, not sure there.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 11:38:33 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 22, 2011, 05:11:52 AM

dude, who the fuck used ranger other than hunters? no casters sat there wanding, unless it was pre BC and they were do onyxia. come on now, think for a minute.
the pet stuff is awesome. i joked about that for a long time many, many years ago. to see them actually do it is great. this is what mmo's need more of. not stupid grinds, but fun distractions.

My rogue used ranged at times, especially in pvp
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 22, 2011, 11:38:33 AM

Quote from: jersoc on October 22, 2011, 05:11:52 AM

My rogue used ranged at times, especially in pvp

Melee can throw their main hand weapons now.
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »

Even if they paid me and gave me D3 for free wouldn't be incentive enough to come back....
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »

In the immortal words of Bob Riley..: oooo, no..makes my lips numb just thinking about it.............

Grace: Unmerited favor.
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:59:32 AM »

I bit on this today.  I've been playing WoW pretty much off and on since it released.  My wife and I still like to spend some sunday afternoons playing and leveling characters together.  Figured another year and I get diablo 3?  Might as well do it. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 01:06:38 PM »

imho, this whole concept should be forced to be renamed, with a small print disclaimer: "For a suitcase of money NOW, you can get something for FREE* later!"

*Although you could, you know, just keep your suitcase of money and buy our game when it releases, which could be any decade now, and it might even be on sale some places then, but we'll pretend that's unlikely to happen.

It makes sense if you're a WoW junkie anyway. If you just dabble in it now and then, I don't see where the 1-year commitment makes much sense. But since I went lifetime on two games I don't currently play anymore and that have gone/will go F2P (LOTRO and STO), I'm not one to give any advice on MMO commitments.  retard

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: