http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 11:54:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Deals Thread: Daily, Weekly, Midweek, Weekend and all other sales!  (Read 129998 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: December 21, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »

Finally some decent discounts.

I've never played any of the Mount & Blade games, so I think I'm in.  Is there any point in getting any other than War Band. I bought my son WB last year and he must have sunk about 80 hours into it, so I know its good. But IIRC there weren't many good reviews & impressions for the original and recent expansion. Are the other 2 worth bothering with?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »

In for Payday and Defense Grid You Monster DLC.  debating on Jurassic Park.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »

Fire and Sword introduces firearms and removed one of my favorite parts, the Arena, which was easy, risk-free skill training.  So that one's substantially different.  I really have no experience with Warband as opposed to the original.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 21, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 21, 2011, 06:21:43 PM

Fire and Sword introduces firearms and removed one of my favorite parts, the Arena, which was easy, risk-free skill training.  So that one's substantially different.  I really have no experience with Warband as opposed to the original.

How was the original?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 21, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »

I played the crap out of it. I worked on archery and polearms, so when I tired of riding people down, I could circle them and fill them with feathers.  I more than got my money's worth out of the game.  Early levels can be frustrating, as everyone and their dog will jump you in the wilderness, but once you get some levels under your belt and are a force to be reckoned with, it's nice to be unmolested by roving bands of bandits.  You still have to watch out for the nobles/kings war parties, but if you're careful later on, you can generally avoid getting wiped back to your skivvies.

I mainly didn't move on to Warband on the thought that I had so much time invested in my main character that I really didn't want to start over again.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 21, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 21, 2011, 07:17:07 PM

I played the crap out of it. I worked on archery and polearms, so when I tired of riding people down, I could circle them and fill them with feathers.  I more than got my money's worth out of the game.  Early levels can be frustrating, as everyone and their dog will jump you in the wilderness, but once you get some levels under your belt and are a force to be reckoned with, it's nice to be unmolested by roving bands of bandits.  You still have to watch out for the nobles/kings war parties, but if you're careful later on, you can generally avoid getting wiped back to your skivvies.

I mainly didn't move on to Warband on the thought that I had so much time invested in my main character that I really didn't want to start over again.

Cool, for $5 Im going to think about getting the original too. Warband is the primary of the 2 for me, since I want to play online with my son and nephew.

I'm really hoping that Section 8 Prejudice and its DLC gets discounted more than 33%. Its a game that's strong on my radar for this sale.
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »

To be honest, this sale isn't really appealing to me, I've still got a backlog from last year. I'll pick up the Dreadmore DLC, and maybe a few other small things. Unless something awesome comes across at a stupid discount.

I am thinking of NWN 2 and Grotesque Tactics 2 because they're pretty cheap, but something tells me that I should hold off since I've still got King Arthur and Grotesque Tactics 1 in my backlog, along with Darksiders and Cthulhu Saves the World.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:13:25 PM by Atragon » Logged

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
storz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »

Does anyone know Grotesque Tactics 1 or 2 are any good??

Picked up Batman AC DLCs and Defense Grid DLCs, total damage for today $13.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #968 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

NWN2 --- was it really good enough to drop the coin for it? I'm on the fence on that.

Pretty much everything else is too much, or I can wait till next summer / winter.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 21, 2011, 08:43:56 PM »

Quote from: storz on December 21, 2011, 08:11:24 PM

Does anyone know Grotesque Tactics 1 or 2 are any good??

I didn't care for the first one much.  It had some decent ideas, but lots of bugs, a boring leveling system, a weird camera, and one of my least favorite SRPG mechanics (giving huge XP to the character who lands a killing blow, but little to the rest) made me quit after a couple hours.  That said, I might give Grotesque 2 a look at $5 though. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 21, 2011, 08:11:57 PM

NWN2 --- was it really good enough to drop the coin for it? I'm on the fence on that.

If you're a fan of D&D then definitely worth it - due to the heaps of content its really a no brainer. If you're a casual RPG player probably not. I personally feel the 1st NWN was a better game and about the only thing in NWN2  has over it is the 4 member parties and better graphics. Some things to beware of - its was a real system hog, so don't expect to run in on a netbook or even a non-gaming laptop, it has some very difficult moments that are exasperated if you haven't built and leveled your characters correctly.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 22, 2011, 02:42:23 AM »

Another expensive day for me -
Defense Grid DLC : You Monster - $1.24

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #972 on: December 22, 2011, 02:59:59 AM »

LOL I already own NWN2. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 22, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 22, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

lol, you have too many games. smile

I didn't realize you could win entire games via the Great Gift pile feature of this sale. Last night I got notified about items in my inventory and there was a copy of Tropico 4 Steam Special edition! Damn, its a game I've often thought about getting since version 3.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 22, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 22, 2011, 04:12:52 PM

Quote from: Purge on December 22, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

lol, you have too many games. smile

I didn't realize you could win entire games via the Great Gift pile feature of this sale. Last night I got notified about items in my inventory and there was a copy of Tropico 4 Steam Special edition! Damn, its a game I've often thought about getting since version 3.

Get it on Amazon...$5 for T4 right now.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #975 on: December 22, 2011, 04:30:59 PM »

He doesn't need to - he won the damned thing. Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 22, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »

12-22

Blur $4.99
Skydrift $4.99
Mass Effect Sale 75% off ($4.99 for either game)
Avadon $2.49
Limbo $2.49
Torchlight $3.74
Silent Hill Homecoming $9.99
Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga $9.99
Operation Flashpoint Sale 80% off (Dragon Rising $2.99, Red River $8.99)
WH40K Space Marine $24.99
Brink $4.99
Alien Breed Trilogy 75% off ($5.74 for bundle, $2.49 separately)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:04:19 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 22, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 22, 2011, 06:02:27 PM

12-22

Blur $4.99
Skydrift $4.99
Mass Effect Sale 75% off ($4.99 for either game)
Avadon $2.49
Limbo $2.49
Torchlight $3.74
Silent Hill Homecoming $9.99
Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga $9.99
Operation Flashpoint Sale 80% off (Dragon Rising $2.99, Red River $8.99)
WH40K Space Marine $24.99
Brink $4.99
Alien Breed Trilogy 75% off ($5.74 for bundle, $2.49 separately)

Really, $25 for WH40K Space Marine? I'm pretty sure it's been cheaper on Amazon at least once already... I know Amazon has been matching/beating the Steam sale, I'll have to watch and post here if they put WH40K:SM on sale cheaper (like Tropico 4 was yesterday)

As expected, Amazon matched the price (but didn't beat it). If you have an Amazon card, it's 10 points. For everyone, they're giving a $5 voucher for every game download toward the best selling games of 2011 usable in January.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:57:49 PM by Calavera » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 22, 2011, 06:17:18 PM »

I think I may grab Blur just to have it in my Steam library.  nothing else is screaming 'grab me!' other than Purge.

Because I can,
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 22, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »

I'm tempted by the prices on Avadon and Divinity II, they've also got got Metacritic scores. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 22, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »

Arrgh, todays sale is killing me. Too many games in I've been considering for a while. OPs FP DR, Divinity II, ME 2 PC, Torchlight. I also just got Blur for 360 this month and I'm enjoying it enough that the idea of mplaying it on a PC is gnawing at my brain! I've gotta resist and save for the bigger titles on my list though.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 22, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »

Quote from: Atragon on December 22, 2011, 06:25:33 PM

I'm tempted by the prices on Avadon and Divinity II, they've also got got Metacritic scores. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

Divinity 2, yeah, I do.  I'm a big fan of RPG games but I'm also a very critical reviewer (so keep that in mind).  I thought Divinity II was a good effort, but not spectacular.  I felt entirely too limited on the 2nd map and didn't think the ending was all that great.  But it's more than competent and I felt I easily got my money's worth at $15, so it's a good buy at $10.

Avadon is old-school RPG gaming.  I've not played it yet, but it's all a matter of whether or not you can go back to that style of gaming.  I'm tempted at that price, even though I probably won't play it for 6 months or so.

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 22, 2011, 07:17:47 PM

Arrgh, todays sale is killing me. Too many games in I've been considering for a while. OPs FP DR, Divinity II, ME 2 PC, Torchlight. I also just got Blur for 360 this month and I'm enjoying it enough that the idea of mplaying it on a PC is gnawing at my brain! I've gotta resist and save for the bigger titles on my list though.

If you haven't done it, you have to get ME2.  I thought ME1 was decent but not great.  I think ME2 is easily one of the best RPGs I've played stretching all the way back to the original Wizardry.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: December 22, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 22, 2011, 06:17:18 PM

I think I may grab Blur just to have it in my Steam library.  nothing else is screaming 'grab me!' other than Purge.

HEY! That was a PRIVATE message!!

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: December 22, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »

I've not not any idea as to how good they are. slywink

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 22, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »

About Divinity II - keep in mind that its Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga and not the bugged original Divinity II release. There's actually quite a difference qualtiy wise and it has the equivalent of 2 games including a reworked/fixed original Divinity II.  I've only played the DKS demo on the 360, but I was quite impressed with the gameplay and world. And the demo is easily the lengthiest and best I've ever played on that console.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 22, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 22, 2011, 07:58:34 PM

About Divinity II - keep in mind that its Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga and not the bugged original Divinity II release. There's actually quite a difference qualtiy wise and it has the equivalent of 2 games including a reworked/fixed original Divinity II.  I've only played the DKS demo on the 360, but I was quite impressed with the gameplay and world. And the demo is easily the lengthiest and best I've ever played on that console.

Yeah, I played the updated version.  Again, it was a good effort, even if it wasn't worth replaying.

Picked up Limbo and Avadon today for $5.

So far the tally is:

Just Cause 2 - $5
Dungeons of Dredmor - $1.24
Tropico 4 via Amazon - $5
Avadon - $2.50
Limbo - $2.50

Hell, none of my big wish-list games have come on sale yet and I'm already $17.50 in the hole.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:05:43 PM by Blackadar » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 22, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »

Divinity II isn't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  There's a good thread on it here

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 22, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on December 22, 2011, 08:53:30 PM

Divinity II isn't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  There's a good thread on it here
It's even cheaper right now at Amazon: $7.99
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »

Tempted to pick up 'Mass Effect 2' for 5 bucks.. since I picked the first one last year for around that price... and the third one lands next spring.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: December 23, 2011, 01:18:27 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on December 22, 2011, 08:53:30 PM

Same. I sunk 52 hours in to the original game and expansion. There is a lot of fun to be had in it. I really enjoyed the expansion too. Even though it takes place in a single city the quests were a lot better.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 23, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »

My most expensive day yet -
SkyDrift - $4.99

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #992 on: December 23, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »

I've been humming-and-hawing over Blur (I would not hesitate if Bizarre Creations got any of that money, but they've been dead and gone for almost a year now).

I could see picking up Divinity II, but with Skyrim it just seems like a lesser game (esp. with mods).

I'd pick up Skydrift, but I don't see myself playing it more than once.

As a funny aside:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:38:40 PM by Purge » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #993 on: December 23, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »

12/23
Saints Row 3:  33.49
Cities XL 2012: 19.99
Rage: 14.99
Dirt 3: 16.99
Cave Story: 4.99
From Dust: 7.49
Audiosurf: 2.49
EYE Divine Cybermancy: 2.49
Train Sim 2012: 3.49
BttF: 9.99
AVP: 3.99

nothing for me as I will be getting cave story via the humble bundle.  tempted by bttf but i haven't really been pulled in by any of the other adventure games I have from them, so it would only go on the backlog.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 23, 2011, 06:16:58 PM »

Phew, finally a day in which the deals hold little or no interest for me. Rage is tempting, but I'd rather have it for 360 for the split-screen co-op - 50% isn't that great a discount anyways. I've always like the look and premise of E.Y.E., but from what I've read its buggy and some of the gameplay mechanics were poorly executed.  Is there anyone here who has E.Y.E. and could give a brief impression of it?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:19:34 PM by kronovan » Logged
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 23, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 23, 2011, 06:16:58 PM

Is there anyone here who has E.Y.E. and could give a brief impression of it?

and AVP

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #996 on: December 23, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »

I played AvP on the 360 so take that with the usual disclaimer for about 3 hours.  it was fun and immersing, so much so that when I was done I had a hard time going to sleep.  one of the few games that gave me disorientation and motion sickness.

I haven't tried again and only played the marine part through the first 3 missions.  tense and unnerving from what i remember.

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: December 23, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »

Rage has been 50% off since the start of the sale... weird.

Anyone want to trade useless discounts to get another gift?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:05:34 PM by Laner » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #998 on: December 23, 2011, 09:39:51 PM »

I've been trying to but it doesn't seem to work and now the items i had in my inventory are missing

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 23, 2011, 10:25:22 PM »

Maybe for From Dust, was hoping for a better deal on Saints Row the Third.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: