http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 01:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony Reader for half price (when registering for a Sony credit card)  (Read 741 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »

Also posted in the Kindle thread.

For those of you who are interested in getting an e-reader but think that the price is ridiculous, Sony is offering a deal where if you sign up for their credit card and then buy the PRS 505 (silver) Reader you will get a $150 rebate.  That's a reader for basically half price.  Also if you spend at least $500 a month for the first 6 months on the card then you will get an extra $200 credit.  That should be easy enough to do if you just use your credit card to pay your rent! smile

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=snreader300
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »

I have this reader and could not be happier.  And I have over 40 ebooks on it and did not pay a red cent for any of them and they are all awesome awesome books.  The device works beautifully and is very readable.  Would give up one of my consoles before it easily.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »

mikeg - where do you get the books at no cost?

I wasn't even interested in the reader because I assumed that buying the books would be very expensive over time.

Now I'm very interested.  I'd like to see what books are available.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »

First thing you do is become a member of mobileread.com.  THE ebook webpage.  Then daily check the deals forum and people are always posting about free books here and free books there.  For instance, a Star Wars book is free right now on Sony's Ebook website for example.  Someone mentioned that book today.  I usually pick up 1-2 books a week just from that forum.  Also on that website are over 10,000 FREE ebooks on mobileread alone. Everything from HG Wells to history, science, Lovecraft, etc.  Older but still some excellent books in there.  But most of the ones I have read have been freebies announced in that Deals forum.  Horror, Sci Fi, Mystery, etc.   All Free deals offered at sonyebookstore.com or fictionwise.com or booksonboard.com, etc.  But you will hear about them at mobileread.com.  I check that web site 2-3 times a day.

What's really neat is that many of the authors are members as well and offer their ebooks free just to get them out there.  I have picked up a 3 book series with 5 star ratings on Amazon from the author himself posting them on mobileread.   And he is just one of many authors posting deals there. 

Check it out. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:18:54 PM by mikeg » Logged

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »

Thanks for the info - Sounds really great!

This is very helpful to me and I'm sure others who see this will benefit greatly.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:09:10 AM »

You can also get books that in public domain for free.  I have a Kindle and I get a ton of books from www.feedbooks.com

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 04:29:53 AM »

Cragmyre - Thanks for the additional tip.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 05:00:11 AM »

Yeah Mobile read is awesome.  I managed to find out about the Calibre program from that site-now I use it to convert books to ePub and download them onto my iTouch from my computer.

Unfortunately this deal is only available to those in the United States. GOD DAMMIT.  Why does the US only get these deals?  I know for a fact that there are Sony Stores and Sony credit cards in Canada.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 05:01:34 AM »

Oh also if you get an eReader they also say on the website how you can get access to Googles 500,000 copyright free books.  I dont know whether you can do this without the SOny reader or not.  I would assume so. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: